Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #11
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

sorry for being so strange but who does belive that viking had horns on their helmets ??? other than the tourist that comes to Denmark and sees "a jolly viking with horns" since if i remember right the horns are from the Bronze Age in Denmark and there has never been found a viking helmet with horns

so who ever posted that picture of the "viking" with horns should maybe use another picture since it makes me cringe everytime as a dane to see a "viking" with horns, and i think TomHenrik would say the same about the historical facts about the horns.

but great review no doubt about that
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM   #12
Triton

Quote:
Originally posted by Strobe+Jun 4 2005, 01:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strobe @ Jun 4 2005, 01:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Triton@Jun 4 2005, 05:12 PM
It looks like someone didn't like my screenshots...* And it seems someone has taken a few liberties with my review.
i think you're talking about me

as for the screenshots - it's not i didn't like them, you've only provided too few,
and some of those didn't have the correct size, thus i had to add some new ones!

and concerning your review, the one and only liberty i took was to add three letters to
the first sentence of your text which are: RPG (because that's the official categorization
of this game on mobygames.com). if you disagree with this, let me know and i'll erase
this small change.

i hope you're ok with that [/b][/quote]
I used DosBox's screenshot feature for the pictures. As far as the review itself, it seemed like it was a little different.

How did The Fifth Horseman's name get up there if it was you who did the screenshots?

Old 05-06-2005, 01:30 AM   #13
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Dusk of the Gods uses the same, albeit improved, engine as DarkSpyre, which is a prequel to The Summoning.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 05-06-2005, 01:42 AM   #14
Yobor
Hero Gamer

The Fifth Horseman may have uploaded the game.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 05-06-2005, 05:06 AM   #15
Triton

That doesn't make sense, then. "Reviewed and uploaded by Triton and The Fith Horseman" sounds like we did both together. Shouldn't it say "Game uploaded by [person]," "Review by [person]," and "Screenshots by [person]" on separate lines?

Old 05-06-2005, 05:17 AM   #16
Herman Skabbynutz

Good game. I'd definitely recommend it to everyone, except for maybe the elderly, who are no good at anything. Well, they're good at submitting to experimental psychotropic drugs and being confined to institutions, but that's it really. Anyway, great game!

Old 05-06-2005, 08:37 AM   #17
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton+Jun 5 2005, 02:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Triton @ Jun 5 2005, 02:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>As far as the review itself, it seemed like it was a little different.

How did The Fifth Horseman's name get up there if it was you who did the screenshots?[/b]

i can assure you that the review has not being altered except this little detail
i've already notified you about.

The Fifth Horseman's name is mentioned because he provided the game
according to my information.

<!--QuoteBegin-Triton
@Jun 5 2005, 07:06 AM
That doesn't make sense, then.* "Reviewed and uploaded by Triton and The Fith Horseman" sounds like we did both together.* Shouldn't it say "Game uploaded by [person]," "Review by [person]," and "Screenshots by [person]" on separate lines? [/quote]
the last line reads "reviewed and uploaded by:" being followed by "name 1 and name 2"
so the first name indicates the reviewer, the second name indicates the person who
provided the archive, as simple as that.
that's just the way our update system has been working ever since, afaik!

there's no option for a separate line indicating who has taken the screenshots.
all i can do is to insert a footnote directly in your review, pointing out that i have
added a few screens (but then again, i wonder if it would make much sense
to point this out, since we have quite a bunch of games where the screenshots
have been made by a third person, without mentioning it...).

Quote:
Originally posted by WolverineDK@Jun 5 2005, 12:41 AM
so who ever posted that picture of the "viking" with horns should maybe use another picture since it makes me cringe everytime as a dane to see a "viking" with horns, and i think TomHenrik would say the same about the historical facts about the horns.
believe it or not, but this "horned viking" is actually taken from the original box art
of this game!
check it out here...
Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 05-06-2005, 09:05 AM   #18
Herman Skabbynutz

I think vikings are sexy. Beards tickle, you know.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:26 AM   #19
Flop
Hero Gamer

Does anybody know what difference the gods you choose when making a character do?
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 05-06-2005, 02:06 PM   #20
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Strobe: i just checked the boxart and it is very pretty and i can guess the picture is from the tale of Thor went out and fishing with Hymer and he got the Midgards worm on the hook.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK