Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:14 PM   #101
PeT
Thumbs up

Hi i have a problem with the game (ive seen some more have the same prbl)
In the the second mission and the 2:nd i that one, when you have done it you're ment to be telleported back to the mission room right?
Its a flash and i should write a code??
That dosent happen im just stuck then i run back to the door i came in from but its locked...
What's wrong?
And the Codes in the solution is not correct after the fist mission ive got the code COMBEL, all the other codes does'nt work!??

Is there any body that have a conclusion on that??????? :help:

Thanks (or as we say in Sweden, "Tack för fan!")

Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #102
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
bah, this version is a bit messed up - screen border is not black (as it should be) so it looks really silly, and sounds are quite low. So I'm rather stick with english/french mix - it looks and sounds better... maybe there is a way to mix certain files from both versions to get english text and 'normal' graphic and sounds...
Very well. The EXE files for the game and the setup, *.TBN files in a subdir (what the heck was this one called?), also there are files with "cine" in their names. They contain subtitles.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-08-2005, 08:33 PM   #103
ShadowXIX

Man I remember first seeing this game for Genesis at a game store playing and I was amazed how smooth the animations of the sprites were they really blew me away at the time. I had to have this game and saved up and got a copy back and the day and was very pleased with what turned out to be a very great game IMHO.
I have the sequel "fade to black" on PS but its was no where near as good a game

I was wondering though I only played this game with Genesis controller so I wanted to know how easy it was to control on a computer?

Old 31-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #104
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

When you learn the key layout, it's pretty easy. Shift, Ctrl, Enter and the cursor keys are used, if my memory serves right.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-09-2005, 02:03 AM   #105
DxRxIx

This is a real good one.

I've played Flashback long time ago. Finished once and never played again.
Found it here and downloaded at once!
That's the diference about games and "Games". The kool ones remain in the memory, and this one has a special place in my comp with others like Blackthorne and Prince.

C u around k:
DxRxIx is offline                         Send a private message to DxRxIx
Old 08-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #106
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

I loved this game for Genesis k: One thing I noticed is that for the Genesis version the Conrad had a white shirt but in the PC and SNES version he had a red/pink shirt.

Was that the only difference between the different versions? If so what was the point of it?

BTW I prefer the white shirt
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #107
subby
Lurker

OK, I know I am probably being thick but how DO you jump horizontally (ie, not just up) ?

BTW, The remeniscence program works very nicely, I prefer it to dosbox for this game.
subby is offline                         Send a private message to subby
Old 12-09-2005, 09:51 AM   #108
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

IIRC, with SHIFT pressed.

-- Reed Richards
Old 19-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #109
MaxDamage

i also have the cd-version..
i installed dos 6.22 with dos drivers voor my awe 64 isa from the soundblaster
it's a k6300 machine with some kind of 1 mb s3 pci-card..
the machine has 64 mb of memory
but the sound sampling rate is about 11 kHz.. kinda shitty and the video, which is much cooler then floppy flashback i might add sorta stutters..
anybody got any experience with this?
also are there update available for flashback cd?

Old 20-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #110
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think you should tro taking out some RAM. Flashback won't need much of it, only a lot of free Himem (that's a different thing). Also, 11 kHz sampling rate is pretty much a natural thing for old games. Try running the setup program, maybe you can manage better settings.

-- Reed Richards