Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 29-03-2006, 09:12 AM   #2

Well, one of the first things you shouldn't do IMHO is spend half the review talking about how it doesn't run well on a certain emulator. DOSBOX is still beta, and WinXp is not very DOS compatible.

I tried it, and it's a typical early PC platform game - not very fluent, not a lot of animation and rather rigid to play. Early PC platform games are not my thing really except for Commander Keen which set a benchmark.

Old 30-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #3
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

So what if he commented fully on compatability problems...at least hes honest and giving us this info about problems which would probably arise in this discussion forum anyway, gee...cut the arrogant smugness MR UNREGISTERED and lighten up a bit, these guys are working hard!
:ranting:
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 31-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by paulypoos@Mar 30 2006, 02:47 AM
So what if he commented fully on compatability problems...at least hes honest and giving us this info about problems which would probably arise in this discussion forum anyway, gee...cut the arrogant smugness MR UNREGISTERED and lighten up a bit, these guys are working hard!
:ranting:
Other reviewers put technical problems beneath the review, since it shouldn't be part of the review. Maybe you don't realise but a review isn't a "how well does it run" competition, it's about the actual game. It's not about working hard, it's about doing things right. I personally don't want to see a good game get a trashing because the reviewer couldn't get it running well which is very unfair.

Old 31-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

Well "EXCUSSSEEEEEEEEE" me MR UNREGISTERED. As your such an expert on the writing of reviews and know the best way to promote these retrogames I shall simply stay quiet and await your first upload/review, it will be nice to see an example of your obvious perfection. I only hope that your efforts arnt met with the similar show of smug arrogance YOU yourself showed. Ever considered becoming a professional critic? one of those folks who spend their lives commenting on others works because they havent the talent or inclination to actually create something themselves.
LOL

As for the game (hastily STAYING on topic) I rather enjoyed it, very cartoony...though I preferred the Snoopy ones. Whats with all the kiddy games recently, first Thomas the tank engine, now this, is Abandonia aiming for a younger audience?
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 31-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #6
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Mar 31 2006, 08:44 AM
I personally don't want to see a good game get a trashing because the reviewer couldn't get it running well which is very unfair.
Have you even read the whole review?

Quote:
All in all the game deserves a good mark for the gameplay and design, but a bad mark for the technical merit.
And I do agree, this is a good game and when I get it to run normally I will consider changing my vote (and will probably rewrite the review - explainig how to run the game properly). But yes - it is the designer's "fault" the game runs the way it does. Unlike other games and other designers (and the games were graphically equal, better, worse - depending on the game) chose 320X200 resolution, but here they chose a strange resolution to begin with 320X400. I've seen games with many different resolutions (from 640X200 to 320X400) before, but they always ran nicely. And this would be one of the top questions asked.
Also the sound is BAD, the game offers no saving possibilities, no 2 player option... I could run this game to the ground, but it's a good game - it's just acting weirdly.

You're welcom to review it yourself - and submit the review to me, until then stop whining.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 31-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #7
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

WELL SAID!