Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
chris_doom_k.
Forum hobbit

Default I cannot remember title

I remember my mates where i was in the greek army playing this game in the office. It was a first person shooter where you were moving in a kind of a maze smashing skeletons with an axe or scythe or something. Graphics were not something special, streets or corridors were empty and all walls were the same with no more added objects in the scenery. Maybe it had different levels, i just remember this particular level. The year was 2000, so the game was released between, i guess 1997 and 2000. I am not even sure it is abandonware. I've been trying to remember the title and find it but no luck. Anyone remembers this? I hope i posted in the right section.

Please delete the previous post of mine, chrome didn't show that it was up so i posted again and i see now that firefox shows the 2 topics normally.

Last edited by chris_doom_k.; 30-08-2011 at 01:42 AM.
chris_doom_k. is offline                         Send a private message to chris_doom_k.
Old 30-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

First game which come to mind is Rune.
Old 31-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, it can be any game from Elder Scrolls universe (ah, it was only 4 for 2000): Arena, Daggerfall, Redguard or Battlespire. It can be some Ultima Underworld. Maybe even Dungeon Hack! Can you describe more details?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 31-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Few suggestions:
Powerslave
Montezuma's Return
Witchaven
Witchaven 2
Also check Heretic/Hexen series
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 31-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
chris_doom_k.
Forum hobbit

I want to be more specific but the truth is i remember just a glimpse of the gameplay because i saw them playing it once and this particular gameplay scene stayed on my mind. If i am not mistaken the enemy attacking the player was just heads of skeletons, so basically skulls, i think not the whole body of them. The walls were exactly the same and the weapon was a scythe of sorts falling to their heads from upwards position smashing these heads, not swinging from the sides. Basically, that was it but i don't know if the game was more "rich" in later levels. My guess is not if what i remember represents the whole plain game. From your suggestions, Montezuma's Return and Powerslave are closer than the other suggestions so i will try them and let you know. In the meantime if a title pops to your head post it here please. Thanks folks.
chris_doom_k. is offline                         Send a private message to chris_doom_k.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

hmm, could it be, perhaps, clive barker's undying?

i remember chopping off some heads with a scythe there
Old 03-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Are there graphics mods for undying? Because those screenshots look way better than what I remember.

EDIT: Nevermind, the internet tells me that, yes, there was.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
chris_doom_k.
Forum hobbit

It's not Undying but i really loved this game, just amazing, i couldn't forget its name! This game i am talking about has nothing in the background, no scenery, just the same walls everywhere and a black sky, i mean it was supposed to be an open level, not corridors in a closed space. I have yet to try some of the suggestions though but something tells me it's not one of them. Another detail, it was already released before June of 2000.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

Was the game 2.5D or 3D, what was the graphic quality like and what was the HUD like? In addition to this, can you remember any developer/publisher names or any significant words/phrases from the game?
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Before June 2000 means it's probably not Kiss: Psycho Circus (altough you might want to check that one to make sure).
Realms of the Haunting? Ed Hunter?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman