Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/0...e.ap/index.html

I was curious to hear people's thoughts on the matter. I know that I'm still thinking about mine.

Of course everyone should refrain from flaming homosexuals/lesbians, but you all know how to behave don't ya?
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 30-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #2
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

im for because being against gays is like being against blacks its pure racism and ignorance im sure Psucks will have his say
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 30-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
lethe
Game freak

I don't care.

Meaning:

I'm not bothered about what gay people do.

Meaning:

I agree on legalizing it.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 30-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #4
Dino
Call me Edmund

I'm for gay marriages because everybody can do with his life what he wants.

But I'm STRONGLY against allowing gay partners to adopt a child. Not because of discrimination, but because of sole well-being of those children. They can get traumatised and even have a blurred or skewed picture of reality as it is.

Imagine the kid growing up and saying :"I have two moms/two dads". That child could become bullied, teased, discriminated in many ways, etc. etc.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #5
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by OvErLoRd@Jun 30 2005, 10:41 PM
Imagine the kid growing up and saying :"I have two moms/two dads". That child could become bullied, teased, discriminated in many ways, etc. etc.
kids always find reosens to dicriminate. there was a time when kids from mixed raced marriges were discriminated against. so if what you say is true then we should never have allowed mixed raced marriges to save the first few generations from discrimination.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 30-06-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
lethe
Game freak

Why not just to make discrimination a fellony? Kids (and adults, mind that) would just get 1 to 7 days in jail. Yes, courthouses would be full, yes, police would have lots to do, yes, there would be chaos everywhere, but discrimination would be gone. Oh, how I miss the dictatorship.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 30-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #7
Dino
Call me Edmund

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jun 30 2005, 11:46 PM
so if what you say is true then we should never have allowed mixed raced marriges to save the first few generations from discrimination.
I don't see the proper connection between those two cases.

Mixed race marriages are proper way of nature and partners can have children as any other man-women relationship. But two men or two women cannot have children by nature, so that's in my opinion where the line should be drawn. Just for the sake of those children, nothing else.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #8
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

If 2 people want to get married, it shouldn't matter if they are gay or straight.

We all have feelings, needs etc. k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 30-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #9
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by OvErLoRd+Jun 30 2005, 10:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OvErLoRd @ Jun 30 2005, 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-omg@Jun 30 2005, 11:46 PM
so if what you say is true then we should never have allowed mixed raced marriges to save the first few generations from discrimination.
I don't see the proper connection between those two cases.

Mixed race marriages are proper way of nature and partners can have children as any other man-women relationship. But two men or two woman cannot have children by nature, so that's in my opinion where the line should be drawn. Just for the sake of those children, nothing else. [/b][/quote]
neither can people who are naturally unable to give birth to children. so a hetro sexual couple with problems have to adopt a child. that to is unatural. you wouldent deny them the right tho would you. and it is still a fact that mixed race children used to get hell. i have met some people who have had to learn to be very good with there fists becuse of the fact that they were from a mixed race marrige. (half caste, whatever) and from a young age they were getting hell from white kids, but also black kids. this modern world is a very different place for those children becuse over the years as intergration went on those marriges became commonplace. it will be the same for the first few generations of gay parent marriges.

omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 30-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #10
Dino
Call me Edmund

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jun 30 2005, 11:59 PM
neither can people who are naturally unable to give birth to children. so a hetro sexual couple with problems have to adopt a child. that to is unatural.
No, you're missing the point. What I wanted to say was that by nature only heterosexual couple can give life to a child. The case of them sadly being unable to do that is not what I had in mind when I said ''naturally'', so natural disability is not the question relevant to my point.