Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #61
Liquid

Hi all
I'm impressed by the site, you guys rock. I can't believe ya got World of Xeen, even with some voices, thats great.

I have a little question, rather stupid, how do you save the game? :crazy:

Old 17-05-2005, 09:36 AM   #62
vfrey

at the bottom of the main screen there's a purple (?) icon (like a jewel or so). If you click on it, you're in the options menu.
vfrey is offline                         Send a private message to vfrey
Old 17-05-2005, 10:07 AM   #63
Frank

Quote:
Originally posted by vfrey@Apr 29 2005, 04:04 PM
I've read somewhere about a game called "Sword of Xeen" - I suppose it's not the same as "World of Xeen", is it ? :blink:
Sowords of Xeen is M&M3 I think
Frank is offline                         Send a private message to Frank
Old 17-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #64
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank@May 17 2005, 12:07 PM
Sowords of Xeen is M&M3 I think
No, M&M3 is called Isles of Terra. I think Swords of Xeen is a fan-made addon, judging by the quality of it and the amount of reused graphics, I at least had that impression. Black Mage, correct me there if I'm wrong.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 17-05-2005, 03:56 PM   #65
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

The Web is our friend. I got this off a website devoted to the Xeen titles:

"Worlds of Xeen is essentially one game, but due to some arcane marketing or production deadline issue, it was originally released in two parts: Clouds of Xeen and Darkside of Xeen. There was also a short add-on released later called Swords of Xeen. Today, all three of these games come bundled together and are installed simultaneously, so you can access all the areas in the game just as soon as your party can physically reach them."

So Swords of Xeen appears to have been a legit add-on from New World Computing, the original developers and publishers. Never heard of it before, myself.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 17-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #66
Morning Glass

Hello, I've almost finished clouds. There's some things I still don't know how to do.. maybe someone can help.

-can't enter the tower where there's snow, the 2nd one west of newcastle.
-can't enter the tower in the lava lake.
-can't enter the southern sphinx
-can't enter the 2nd temple, north of temple of yak.
-unable to set the dials correctly in nightshadow.

Also, id like to know if it was possible to save the mirror after killing lord xeen.

Hope anyone can help..

Old 17-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #67
Frank

Quote:
Originally posted by Borodin@May 17 2005, 03:56 PM
The Web is our friend. I got this off a website devoted to the Xeen titles:

"Worlds of Xeen is essentially one game, but due to some arcane marketing or production deadline issue, it was originally released in two parts: Clouds of Xeen and Darkside of Xeen. There was also a short add-on released later called Swords of Xeen. Today, all three of these games come bundled together and are installed simultaneously, so you can access all the areas in the game just as soon as your party can physically reach them."

So Swords of Xeen appears to have been a legit add-on from New World Computing, the original developers and publishers. Never heard of it before, myself.
Nope, I read on some other website that it is a fanmade addon, the fans did ask the devs of the original for allowance to use the original textures and graphics etc to create a new game, so they made this one, at least that's what I've read.
Frank is offline                         Send a private message to Frank
Old 17-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #68
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank+May 17 2005, 05:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Frank @ May 17 2005, 05:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Borodin@May 17 2005, 03:56 PM

Nope, I read on some other website that it is a fanmade addon, the fans did ask the devs of the original for allowance to use the original textures and graphics etc to create a new game, so they made this one, at least that's what I've read.
[/b][/quote]
So we have Dueling Websites. In any case, could we get an upload of Swords of Xeen?
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 17-05-2005, 08:12 PM   #69
Kalgalath

Umm... Swords of Xeen is a seperate game. Much harder than world of xeen but a lot shorter and is not Isles of Terra. This game was made in 1996 or around there.

There were 3 real towns I believe... Hart, Sandtown and Impery. The game takes place in the world of Havec. It was obviously a beta though as some quests were unsolvable. All the pyramids (the ones you can transfer b/t worlds in world of xeen) were broken. There was a sky platform also, a large desert with talking rocks, an underworld that was just 1 map screen, a fire area w/ a spaceship but no castle like in worlds... and armadillos.

Man I hate those guys...

Old 24-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #70
HELLCHILD

THANK`S ABANDONIA!THE GAME WORKS FINE WITH DOSBOX (NO SOUND). I AM STILL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME, BUT SO FAR I AM HAVING FUN. I EAVEN PUT THE GAME AND DOSBOX ON MOBILE DISK (TWIN MOS) THAT I CAN PLAY THE GAME AT WORK AT THE NIGHTSHIFT.TO BE AT A AIRPORT UNTIL MIDNIGHT THAT SUCKS (SPECIALY WHEN IT IS NOT WEEKEND), BUT NOW I CAN KILL SOME ORKS AND MAD DWARFS,SO THANK´S ONCE AGAIN ABANDONIA TO MAKE MY NIGTSHIFTS MORE INTERISTING. :Titan:
BY THE WAY, I RETURNED THE WHISTLE(WHICH I FOUND IN THE FOREST FULL OF UNDEAD) TO THE NPC SOUTH OF VERTIGO (ON A SMALL ISLAND, USE THE JUMP SPELL), HE TOLKED ABAUT STATUES THAT CAN TEACH CURE POISEN, BUT I NEVER FOUND THE STATUES?
THE MAD DWARF KING (IN THE RED DWARFE RANGE MINES) IS A PAIN IN behind, BUT SLEEP AND AWAKE SPELLS HELPED.