Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
natas
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s+Apr 15 2006, 02:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a1s @ Apr 15 2006, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-natas@Apr 15 2006, 09:38 PM
That p2p mythology isn't true, but that's not topic here, sorry
P2P mythology? could you summarize that in brief (in a PM for exmple if you don't want to do it here). and I know P2P is illegal from first hand experience (that is to say I use it, not that I got arrested for it.)[/b][/quote]
You talked about 99.9 % conaining warez in p2p networks. That is not true. Many people share legal contents to others there.

My Wife is sharing old movies on p2p 24 hours every day. Any of the movies did run in television millions of times in the past (all of them have tv logos on screen)and we payed for looking them ages ago already. Many ladies do the same and what's wrong with that?

When I was 23 years old I owned more than 500 LPs (you know, the big black disks, you have to play on a grammophon) 50 are left today, the rest were lent away and not returned or lost in some other way through the years. Some of my favorite oldies I get on p2p from people who also owned or owns them and turned them to mp3. What's wrong with this? I payed for being allowed listening years ago and I will never pay twice for the same thing.

And of course there are some bad guys who share new music files they never paid for and movies that are that new, they wasn't shown in the cinema until now; but the whining industry doesn't die because of that. These bad guys wouldn't buy the stuff anyway.

And further there are very bad quys who sell others work to earn money. They will be hunted by ESA and several ohters and that's pretty ok.

natas is offline                         Send a private message to natas
Old 16-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Your sig is wrong ....the mod's and admins may edit or deleta the things you write,satan.
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 16-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I can fully agree with you and everything would make sence... but unfortunately LAW sometimes isn't fair nor does it always make sence.

It's the mater of what is WRONG/RIGHT against what is LEGAL/ILLEGAL.

Example:
You buy a TV.
A guy breaks in your house and steals the TV - no one can identify him.
You find a guy who's selling your own TV in his yard sale and take it (it's yours, you won't buy it back) - everybody sees you.
Who do you think will win at the court?
You only took your own thing back, but in the eyes of the LAW you're the criminal!

It's very much the same with P2P. Unfortunately the LAW in this case is so bad many people find nothing wrong with breaking it - and knowing they didn't do anything wrong.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Your sig's wrong too:

Quote:
Originally posted by User Agreement/Terms of Service
User's Grant of License
You grant Abandonia free license on any content submitted by you to this site, be it via email, chat, message board or other form of submission, to use, publish, copy, edit, perform, reproduce, modify and distribute as they see fit.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 16-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'd say the sig is more there as a joke.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 16-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

I dont know maybe the first line but yeah pbly at joke considering that he is a 49 year old man.
Old 16-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

And I don't think the purpose of this thread is discussing his sig at all. It's a friggin signature, stop whining about it.

And yes, P2P itself is of course not illegal. What most people do with it, may be considered illegal, but P2P itself was originally meant as a way to distribute files in a mostly non-complicated way. And many people still use it for this purpose.

BitTorrent for example. I dunno if this is pure P2P, too, but many pages use BitTorrent to offer big files they can't host on their own server due to bandwidth limitations.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 16-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

^sorry
Old 16-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #9
natas
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 16 2006, 03:03 PM
I can fully agree with you and everything would make sence... but unfortunately LAW sometimes isn't fair nor does it always make sence.

It's the mater of what is WRONG/RIGHT against what is LEGAL/ILLEGAL.

Example:
You buy a TV.
A guy breaks in your house and steals the TV - no one can identify him.
You find a guy who's selling your own TV in his yard sale and take it (it's yours, you won't buy it back) - everybody sees you.
Who do you think will win at the court?
You only took your own thing back, but in the eyes of the LAW you're the criminal!
Your example is good. I had exactly such a situation at the court one year ago. And as you would guess right, I lost. - But I had a second try at the next higher court and there I won!

@ Stebbi: My sig is ironic.
natas is offline                         Send a private message to natas
Old 16-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #10
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

aaaahhh now i get it...