Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Angry Hungary's constitution

Well, this piece of crap will be extended again.

It is so very nice already containing racism, forcing christianity as national religion, and discriminating LGBT people, but the new addition will give even more to the list, including:
- criminalising the biggest opposition party
- "extending" the scope of the Jury of Constitution this way: they can not criticise the content of the laws, and even the burocratic way of accepting them can only be criticised if they are asked to do that, and only at those moments they are told to do.

Don't I live in a WONDERFUL country?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Can't you move?

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 12-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Yes, come to Québec. They keep saying that we are retarded people and that we don't have enough "qualified" workers over here.

What "qualified" really mean, only the government actually know I guess.
Old 13-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Can't you move?
Lack the money. And moving to an english-language country would take a long road.

Still, being a homless unemployee illegal immigrant starts to outweight the drawbacks of remaining here.
Old 14-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
JillianRichie
Lurker

Thumbs down

And all this adds up to more and more misery... I think government has its own set of new meaning to words freedom and qualified and what not. On a lighter side, I think this amuses them?!!
Old 14-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Japo
Autonomous human

It's even funnier, they think it's their job, and they also think theirs is the most important job of all, and that the rest couldn't live without them. Funnily enough, politicians don't need to be "qualified" themselves... Though lately they're very fond of fake PhDs.

Of course these guys are even more serious, they're obviously saving the country from some terrible danger. Apparently democracy.

Thanks Twillight for breaking it down somewhat, I read some news but I didn't know what it was about exactly. And by the "bureaucratic" way of passing laws, do you mean "executive" (government without parliament)?

Last edited by Japo; 14-03-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 14-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That fake degree scandal was hilarious, didn't she also rip into another guy for the same thing before it was revealed she did too?
Old 14-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
That fake degree scandal was hilarious, didn't she also rip into another guy for the same thing before it was revealed she did too?
Who is she?
Old 14-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of the German education minister but I misremembered, she was a plagirist not an outright degree faker.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21395102
Old 14-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

Yes I meant thesis plagiarizing/buying. That makes the degree fake, doesn't it? Actually when they're caught, the universities usually nullify the degree. There are cases everywhere, some have been caught and shamed in public like the German minister or Gadafi's son and the LSE having accepted his bribes, but nowadays there are thousands of cases waiting to come into light. But since the line between the current academia industry and outright corruption is pretty blurry... If you also add politics into the pot... Yeah.

Even Putin has a rather blatant one, but of course whoever dared to denounce it formally would end up in a ditch.

http://world.time.com/2013/02/28/put.../?iid=tsmodule

Last edited by Japo; 14-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo