Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #21
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Once I have the CD mounted in dosbox I can't install. I can't run it from the CD.
We need to know what commands are you entering and what messages do you receive in return. The exact content of your commands and the responses is needed, so take screenshots and post them here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #22
SomeoneConfused

Let me just start by apologizing for that post being somewhat... off. It was then, and is now, too early in the morning.

Second, I HATE the little image you have to refresh to post without being a member on these boards... most illegible thing I'd ever seen. I know, not the place to complain, but dear lord...

Alright. As for actually getting this running.

mount D F:\ -t cdrom

F being a virtual CD rom that has the ISO (I have the actual cd for this game somewhere, wonder if that would help... or if I could find it.)

D being my actual CD rom drive. And then... install has a file creation error when it begins (I tried mounting the install drive (E:\. which yes, I mount to e:\)

And BAM seems to search for the interplay/bam directory. I've tried moving the non-CD install, the one lacking all the cinematic to that directory, and discounting the somewhat likely possibility of a typo, it still can't find it, even when I do.

(As much as I like the game play, its the cinematic that make the game. Heck I even enjoyed the book that came with it, the 30 page novella about a paladins wife being kidnapped.)

Is there some step, once you have the ISO to follow when installing it with dosbox that I'm missing? Why can't it create the files? Do I need to alter a permission? I'm on x64 Windows 7.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneConfused View Post
..............And then... install has a file creation error when it begins (I tried mounting the install drive (E:\. which yes, I mount to e:\)..............................
Why can't it create the files? Do I need to alter a permission? I'm on x64 Windows 7.
You need a virtual C:
Win7 instructions:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22241
If you want to use partition E:\ (Windows path !!!!) create an \oldgames\ on your E: partition and mount that as virtual C: (yes, indeed as C: ) in dosbox, would be something as:
mount c e:\oldgames\
c:

Windows7 path would then be E:\oldgames\ but dosbox will see that folder as C:\

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 06-08-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: grmpfff .... bloody smileys... #@#@#@#@#@
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Second, I HATE the little image you have to refresh to post without being a member on these boards... most illegible thing I'd ever seen. I know, not the place to complain, but dear lord...
Sorry for that, but without it we've been flooded by spambots. ReCaptcha (or however it is spelled) was to be installed on the site and forums, but the process wasn't finished; right now only one tech support person has the acces needed, and he's extremely busy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-06-2016, 08:30 AM   #25
TwilightPurple

Default Puzzle Palace

I beat the five stories and am now doing the custom campaigns. When prompted to play the dreaded Puzzle Palace mission, it turned out even worse than I imagined. Unlike story mode, where I started with a nearby Temple, I begin at the 3 o'clock position which contains no foundations. Worse yet, the AI controls every single foundation from the very beginning. Restarting the mission changes nothing, so I'm always limited to building Basal Golems. Trying to take over an enemy foundation is pretty close to impossible since the maze is already crawling with enemy Basal Golems, Zombies, and Gargoyles. My single attempt at a take-over was a pathfinding nightmare that naturally ended with my Golems getting slaughtered. My understanding is that the campaigns have some degree of randomness, so I'm wondering if this was just plain bad luck? Has anyone else been in the same situation with this mission?
TwilightPurple is offline                         Send a private message to TwilightPurple