Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Dead Alien
Wandering Ronin

Default Apocalypse

Anyone have thoughts on the near future?

With the invasion of lands around Iran and the pushing to invade Iran and the tension with China and Japan and the major revolts in the U.K., Egypt, Greece, and the things going on in Syria, Yemen, Libya, Israel & Gaza etc...

Also the economy of the dollar and the euro about to crash.

Its always on my mind so just wondering if anyone else thinks about it or too busy not noticing.
Dead Alien is offline                         Send a private message to Dead Alien
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There is always a looming - sometimes imminent - apocalypse just behind the corner.
Somehow, humanity has survived until now.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
Dead Alien
Wandering Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
There is always a looming - sometimes imminent - apocalypse just behind the corner.
Somehow, humanity has survived until now.
hi Horseman, my name used to me Vertical Pig in 06 then later i deleted my profile for some lame reason.

Well Apocalypse is the finale survival of good people and the end of all the bad so of course humanity will survive.

True that humans have survived these "beginning of pains of distress" that Jesus spoke about such as the war to end all wars and recent wars and even after nuclear bombs going off destroying Hiroshima and Nagasaki and even thoe entire countrys are dieing from starvation, big fat humans are still here.

the world is set up now to dwarf any previous war
Dead Alien is offline                         Send a private message to Dead Alien
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alien View Post
Well Apocalypse is the finale survival of good people and the end of all the bad so of course humanity will survive.
Barring actual divine judgment, that is unlikely to be the case.
Survivors are more likely to be in similar proportion of morality as modern population - which means a large chunk of them will be somewhere on morality scale between selfish assholes and murderous psychopaths. Those types have less scruples against harming - or outright killing - their fellow humans than moral and ethical citizens do, and as such would be more likely to outlive (or rather exterminate) the latter in the long term.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Seeking an apocalypse is usually used as a good excuse for indulging oneself in all those things that have no reasonable place in the everyday's life. Like, "tomorrow I'll die anyway, so I can do whatever I like as much as I want, it doesn't matter anyway" and that "good people will come to heaven and bad people will be punished" nonsense. Good and bad is a point of view.
First there was the cold war, then there was millenium, then there was 2012... oh wait, there also was Dschingis Khan (Genghis Khan). Almost thousand years ago now. Back then some also feared the end of the world.

People were always looking out for some kind of apocalypse, which doesn't change the fact that there just isn't any coming. It's better to try to fill the life with something more useful instead. One will die when it's his time to die, not earlier, not later, and there's no necessity to fear it prematurely.
Instead of trembling with fear of things going wrong these times, we can try instead and better them. It's all in everyone's hands. Look what that gathering at the Maian old pyramids did - the historical monuments were damaged because some people went crazy. Now that was really productive.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Bah, the apocalypse is not bad. Granted, you need to make sure you don't piss off major corporations while you're fighting off the alien invasion... But you do start with nice weapons and armor and it only get better from there.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
Dead Alien
Wandering Ronin

I read the Bible regularly and my reasoning is from a Bible based perspective.
Things have started to get interesting and exciting.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I was just joking because I really can't understand how you can take this seriously... However, if you're a big bible fanatic then I understand where you come from.

Here is a big bit of advice: don't believe a single thing which is written in the bible. It's purpose is to make you think and realize things. Nothing which is in it is actually true if you take it literally.

Think of it more like a great work of philosophy.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
Scatty
Treasure hunter

You might want to read this one instead of the Bible. It's far more accurate and truthful, even if hard to understand sometimes.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty