Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #31
jose

haha the old spidey game i first played this game back in the ninty's when i was a bit younger than i am now (im only 20 haha)

i payed it at my uncle who by the way learned me anything about Dos norton Q&A ext

but he gave it to me on a floppy i was verry happy with it cause i loved the web slinging hero

then i lost the game until now imagine searching for a game gfor more then 10 years cause my uncle did not had it anymore

but now finaly on this site i found it again

well about the game for that time being you better believe the grapichs are good

and the gameplay is fun to if you like puzzeling

and offcourse if you are a fan of the wallcrawler then its the best spidey game ever it think

haha
greetingz jose

Old 20-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #32
lethe
Game freak

Anyone else thinks this game doesn't have a place in Abandonia? :eeeeeh:

I found this game even worse than the Colgate publicity game, made soon after this one.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 20-07-2005, 08:38 PM   #33
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Quote:
Originally posted by lethe@Jul 20 2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone else thinks this game doesn't have a place in Abandonia? :eeeeeh:

I found this game even worse than the Colgate publicity game, made soon after this one.
I'm sure plenty of people have some nostalgic memories of this game (well, I have anyway, and that's enough for me :P), I think it's perfectly placed here.
Old 24-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #34
Shadow_Stalker
Abandonia nerd

Hi guys,this was one of my favorites when i was a little boy...
I am stuck in take 4,after the enigma with the mine with carrels,where you have to control some platforms in order to pass...Can someone help?
Shadow_Stalker is offline                         Send a private message to Shadow_Stalker
Old 24-07-2005, 01:30 PM   #35
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

I really liked this game back in the day. Still do as a matter of fact. Cute graphics, interesting gameplay, and just a sense of oddity I really love about some games.
Old 24-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #36
Shadow_Stalker
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest+Jun 18 2005, 07:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Jun 18 2005, 07:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spoonman@Jun 18 2005, 11:15 AM
Is there even a real finish to this game? I remember coming to a point where I just plopped back at the beginning. Bit of a turndown that.
There's actual a very very sneaky backdoor "cheat" to this game to beat it in less than 15 minutes (if everything goes well). Here's what you have to do - but it's REALLY complicated to describe, and pretty complicated to actually pull off.

1. At the very beginning, instead of going right into the room, climb up over the pit and continue on the ceiling to the next room.

2. Here you'll be able to climb up onto a helipad (directly above the second room). Getting the helicopter to work right is tricky. Basically, climb onto it, and jump around to activate it. Stay on it until it reaches the top of it's flight (it appears to go just up and down). But before it actually lands, you'll have to jump off and sort of swing around to the edge of the screen. This is hard to describe.

3. If everything goes right, then you'll actually land the helicopter directly above the LAST ROOM OF THE GAME. The helipad room itself looks the same, and it appears as if the helicopter just went up and then straight down, but if you climb down into the room below, you'll see that it's the final boss room, where Mysterio is holding Mary Jane captive.

4. This is the next really crazy, tricky part. At first it looks like you can't do anything because the room below is blocked off (there's no way to actually get at Mysterio). I think the designers left this in just as a sneak peak of the final boss. BUT, you can actually exploit a bug that will let you slide through the wall on the left and get into the room. It's really weird, but here it is:

a. Climb back onto the helicopter and launch it.

b. Before it gets too high, swing a web to the left side of the screen, jump off, and tumble/somersault/fall your way to the left edge of the screen.

c. If you land in just the right (wrong?) way, you'll actually get stuck inside the wall in the next room, and after some more tumbling, you'll be able to slide down and into the room.

After this, I can't remember exactly the best way to beat up Mysterio, but watch out for the electric/lava pit/something on the ground - it'll kill Spider-Man. ALSO, be careful about the switch somewhere on the ceiling - it will start moving the walls and will kill Mary Jane.

Disclaimer: this was all done from memory, so I'm not sure if I missed some of the exact details. Good luck getting it to work! I'll try it again when I get the time and try to post screenshots. [/b][/quote]
Man your trick worked!! I already knew how to reach Mysterio from the foyer room (I discovered the way by chance one day...) but I never realized how to enter the room and beat the game.
Killing Mysterio was very easy (it is sufficient to activate the button near him and block him on the electric pit),but once the game is over it left a strange feeling inside me,after all those years spent on it trying to beat it...
I'd still like to end it in an "honest" way,but i am blocked in that damned part with the moving floors after take 4,if anyone knows how to get over that please tell me!
Thanks!
Shadow_Stalker is offline                         Send a private message to Shadow_Stalker
Old 03-08-2005, 07:15 PM   #37
Ilitirit

hehe i discovered the quick-finish bug the first or second time i played this game, and that was more than 10 years ago.

ps. to cheat type in "SPIDEYS GONNA CHEAT" or something like that. then you can get full health by pressing enter. i can't remember the exact code or where to type it in (maybe the high score table?), but if you open the program file with a hex-editor u can find the code.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:58 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow_Stalker+Jul 24 2005, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadow_Stalker @ Jul 24 2005, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 18 2005, 07:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Spoonman
Quote:
@Jun 18 2005, 11:15 AM
Is there even a real finish to this game? I remember coming to a point where I just plopped back at the beginning. Bit of a turndown that.

There's actual a very very sneaky backdoor "cheat" to this game to beat it in less than 15 minutes (if everything goes well). Here's what you have to do - but it's REALLY complicated to describe, and pretty complicated to actually pull off.

1. At the very beginning, instead of going right into the room, climb up over the pit and continue on the ceiling to the next room.

2. Here you'll be able to climb up onto a helipad (directly above the second room). Getting the helicopter to work right is tricky. Basically, climb onto it, and jump around to activate it. Stay on it until it reaches the top of it's flight (it appears to go just up and down). But before it actually lands, you'll have to jump off and sort of swing around to the edge of the screen. This is hard to describe.

3. If everything goes right, then you'll actually land the helicopter directly above the LAST ROOM OF THE GAME. The helipad room itself looks the same, and it appears as if the helicopter just went up and then straight down, but if you climb down into the room below, you'll see that it's the final boss room, where Mysterio is holding Mary Jane captive.

4. This is the next really crazy, tricky part. At first it looks like you can't do anything because the room below is blocked off (there's no way to actually get at Mysterio). I think the designers left this in just as a sneak peak of the final boss. BUT, you can actually exploit a bug that will let you slide through the wall on the left and get into the room. It's really weird, but here it is:

a. Climb back onto the helicopter and launch it.

b. Before it gets too high, swing a web to the left side of the screen, jump off, and tumble/somersault/fall your way to the left edge of the screen.

c. If you land in just the right (wrong?) way, you'll actually get stuck inside the wall in the next room, and after some more tumbling, you'll be able to slide down and into the room.

After this, I can't remember exactly the best way to beat up Mysterio, but watch out for the electric/lava pit/something on the ground - it'll kill Spider-Man. ALSO, be careful about the switch somewhere on the ceiling - it will start moving the walls and will kill Mary Jane.

Disclaimer: this was all done from memory, so I'm not sure if I missed some of the exact details. Good luck getting it to work! I'll try it again when I get the time and try to post screenshots.
Man your trick worked!! I already knew how to reach Mysterio from the foyer room (I discovered the way by chance one day...) but I never realized how to enter the room and beat the game.
[/b][/quote]
How do you get to him from the foyer?

Old 19-10-2005, 07:41 PM   #39
BurningPanther

I decided to try and finish this game in the regular way once again (since I haven't yet, and it seems virtually nobody has) but after downloading it, I get a strage "unknown compression method" when I try to unzip the archive. I get this error in "winzip" as well as in "winrar". does anyone else get this error, or does anyone have a solution for it?
thanks in advance
BurningPanther is offline                         Send a private message to BurningPanther
Old 20-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #40
Marco

To be true, killing Mysterio in the "regular" way is not so easy at all!

For the one who is stuck near take 6, you're almost arrived!