Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The point of this topic is just to share anything weird that happened to you in a game.
It can be a bug, NPC dialouge, easter egg, creepy, or just plain funny/weird.

The other day, while playing Day Of Defeat (Online World War II mod for Half-Life) I was playing on the Allies. All of a sudden, a Axis troop runs across my line of site, I shoot him in the head.

The message that appeared in the top right corner said that I had killed a player named "Ralph Nader".
Hilarity ensued.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 07-11-2005, 12:42 AM   #2
Nikson
Game Wizzard

I dont get it :P

Just the other night I was playing the AOE3 campaign, in which the heroes don't die. They just pass out until you kill the enemies in their immediate area, after which they heal automatically. Well, I was on a mission where the only unit that can collect quest items was my hero. After killing every enemy on the map, I tried in vain for 2 hours to find my hero so he can go pick up the quest items... only after those 2 hours did I realise he died when I put him on a badly damaged ship which got sunk. He was gone and wasn't coming back.
Stupid game bugs...
Nikson is offline                         Send a private message to Nikson
Old 07-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #3
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

I had this corrupted saved game on Daggerfall that would load, stay stable for one second then say my character "falls from exhaustion and drops on the floor", which then launches the "game over" end sequence. I really wanted to keep that save because otherwise, i'd have had to go way back in game-time. So i tried to teleport (lucky i had an teleport anchor set somewhere in a dungeon) as fast as i could using the keyboard . And it worked, i actually teleported during the one stable second and could continue my game. I was amazed. Virtual magic solved a very real software bug. :w00t:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 07-11-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
SupSuper
Games Master

Let's see... I remember one game when I accidentally hit Quick Save instead of Quick Load when I was about to die, and then I got to see my character die over and over and over since the game would automatically Quick Load when I died. I could never get the game to pause between all the dying so I had to reset the computer to get off of that crazy loop :blink:
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 07-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Oberon

Nothing that happend to me but i read about it, at a Counterstrike website and a Newspaper.. Well it wasn't a headline in the newpaper but many gamers in Germany know the story...

A 17 years old German died in an Accident at 02:35 AM- He was walking back home when a car hit him with 90 km/h (i dunno how much miles it may be)
He died immediately on the street. One Hour later a friend of him came back from a party, and descided to play Counterstrike for some rounds before he goes to bed.. Both friends knew each other, they lived in the same city and played in the same Ct Clan. So he went online and started Counterstrike and Joined the same server where they use to play often.
The Server required a password just to make sure only clan members can join there.. So he typed the password and did what he alwas did, he checked who else is online at the server...

He saw his Friend, the same friend who died one hour earlier in an accident. But at this time his Friend couldn't know what happend, so he played some rounds and meantime he talked to his friend, they talked about the game, about the school (because both are from the same school) they also talked about things who only his friend could know.. like things they did together... after one hour he leaved the server, while his friend was still logged in the server but not active even more.

At Monday, he heard from a friend at school that this Friend died on Saturday by an accident, the same friend who played CT with him one hour after his deadly accident.. later he buyed a local newspaper to look if he can find anything about this accident and there he saw an article about it.. " Young Man died on Saturday night at 02:35 Am by an accident"
he read the article but wasn't aware of the time when this happend, because he was really shocked by that horrible news. But later after he went home he read the article again and then he saw the time "02:35"
.. he became even more shocked.. After two days without really much of sleep he talked to his mother about what happend.. and his mother gave him the advice to go to the Police and explain that he saw he friend, talked to him about things only he could know, only one hour after his dead..

The Police checked the story, they checked the Pc of the victim and found the proof that the victim went online after he died. The last thing they did was to call The ISP of the victim and they asked to check the logs if there might be any online activity between this time and you guess right his telephone number whas logged between the schedule.. then they called
the Server provider, where both of them played Ct and the Police asked the Provider to check the logs there to find a proof that he was active after his death.. and you guess right again, they found a log with his IP between
2:50 and 4:15 AM..

Now you probably think that he had a brother who went online between this time.. yeah and your right he had a brother, but his brother was 90 Km away from home when this terrible accident happend.. because he was in the German Army... Well of course there is still a slightly possibility that his brother had give his self a time out from the army and went home, without a permission... but both his brother and his mum swear that they don't touched his computer, the mother because he hadn't any clue about computers and his brother because he was over 90 km away from home when this happend..

Thats really strange and weird... but i can't really believe that a dead boy went online and descided to play his last round CT before he goes where ever dead ppl used to go when they leave this world..
Oberon is offline                         Send a private message to Oberon
Old 07-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
Toxik
Game Wizzard

great a Ct playing ghosts!
now we have everything(Xcept for blind zombie philosophers)
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 07-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
UnHoly
Super Freak

Wow, that Counter-Strike story was awsome, it could be an The X-Files episode
UnHoly is offline                         Send a private message to UnHoly
Old 08-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #8
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

...except that I AM from germany and never heard of it... :blink:

Strange moments? There are many.
One of the stranger ones must've been when a friend and I were playing Wolfenstein 3D for hours and hours when it was still brand new and one day his mother found us both bending to the side of the monitor, trying to actually take a look around the next corner... :crazy:
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #9
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ahaha, I do that sometimes, after a long day of Counter-Strike, you kinda start thinking inside of the game.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 AM   #10
Nikson
Game Wizzard

The CounterStrike story is cool, but you'd have to think the guy was a pretty big geek if he stuck around to play CS before going to the afterlife :P
Nikson is offline                         Send a private message to Nikson