Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
petreestow

Default Spring Weekend

This game was late 90's early 2000's.

You would rotate jewels or things in a garden to match with eachother and move onto the next level

The theme music was very happy

Anyone know the name of this game???
Thanks!!!
petreestow is offline                         Send a private message to petreestow
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
Megaten
Abandonia nerd

Can you perhaps name some other games that resemble this, and narrow the year down a bit? Tell us how you most likely obtained the game, perhaps?

These kind of games weren't exactly uncommon even before Bejeweled came out. After that, well...

You might check out these game groups at Mobygames, I suppose:
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...uzzle-creation
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...puzzle-removal
Megaten is offline                         Send a private message to Megaten
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
petreestow

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

One thing I remember about this game is that the theme music sounded like
Smokey Robinson -The Tears Of A Clown ...If you don't know the song give it a listen on youtube!

I can't really say what other games would resemble this...

Does this ring any bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaten View Post
Can you perhaps name some other games that resemble this, and narrow the year down a bit? Tell us how you most likely obtained the game, perhaps?

These kind of games weren't exactly uncommon even before Bejeweled came out. After that, well...

You might check out these game groups at Mobygames, I suppose:
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...uzzle-creation
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...puzzle-removal
petreestow is offline                         Send a private message to petreestow
Old 10-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

What was the gameplay like? Were you moving around in the garden with a character, in the 2D Jump'N'Run plattformer style, and touched things while moving? Or did you simply have to click on those jewels and things to make them rotate? Was the view from above, or maybe isometric?
What were the graphics like - colorful, 256 colors, or with less colors (EGA 16 colors / CGA 4 colors)?

Some more details please, to narrow it down
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 10-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
petreestow

Thanks...I'm doing my best. It's been so long since I've played it.

-Aerial View
-it is NOT an object drop down game like tetris
-it is NOT a jewel games where there are 25 jewels in one square 5x5 box.
-It looks very happy and garden like...
-Imagine looking down at say 3 circles placed in a triangle position (look below...and don't mind the .'s in the beginning). Each circle touches the other circle at one point, making each circle having 2 touch points. Each circle has say 5 different objects on them. You can rotate each circle to change where the objects within the circle are positioned. When you rotate the pattern of each circle in the correct position, they should have the same objects touching at the touch points. When you complete the correct rotations, you move onto the next level that might now have 5 circles.
-I think it uses objects like jewels, butterflies/ladybugs, and/or flowers.

. o
.o o

does this help at all...or is it confusing? thanks!

Last edited by petreestow; 10-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
petreestow

here's some more information:

It was a Windows 95 or 98

It consisted of a series of puzzles played on different phases. The "setting" of the game was all very green, I think the name of the game was something about 'Puzzle' or 'Bubble', or 'Garden', I think, or at least the game had something to do with those concepts. When I think of that game, those words come to my mind.

Ok, and it was a series of puzzles, it had something to do with gardens, so on the first phase there was a circle formed by different objects: flowers, bugs, leaves, ladybugs, butterflies, I think, and things like that.
You had to rotate the objects of the circle.I am pretty sure of that.
I think the aim of the game was to rotate in the correct order so that you formed a series like the example they gave to you.
The thing is that you had to put everything in order, or to reproduce a given series of objects, by rotating, and then you completed the first level and pass to the following one.

Any help??? thanks!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Is it looks like that?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 10-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
petreestow

Hey, thanks for looking into this for me!

It's getting closer to what the game is in terms of it being an aerial view and having those rotating puzzle pieces.

However, the game had more of a "garden" set senario and might have used butterflies. i'm not sure if the rings ever ran through one another, but they may have and I might have just forgotten!