Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #11

JUMP over that rolled carpet (keypad 0) if you didn't get it...

Old 27-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #12

How you Pick up stuff and set as traps?!?!?! i can only jump and run!!!

Old 02-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #13
Agent Thingmaker

You pick up stuff with space and toss it with enter. You gotta be close to the throwable object to pick it up, you will have no problem after a little practice. :bye:

Agent Thingmaker is offline                         Send a private message to Agent Thingmaker
Old 11-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #14
Teme84
Lurker

Finally I also noticed, I can jump by 0 button So wonderful to play these games. Last time I played this one.. I'm now 193cm and then I was at least 50cm shorter I played this last time!
Teme84 is offline                         Send a private message to Teme84
Old 14-08-2006, 03:21 AM   #15

anyone knows how to download HA1 - i cannot extract the file...it seemed like they are looking for pw

Old 16-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try a different unpacker. Oh, and don't even think of using the context menu options... for some reason, most unpackers have problems when doing it that way.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #17
live2enjoy

Wink

Thanks abandonia! I haven't played this in maybe 10 years. It was one of the most unique games for those times, and one of the few good movie-games. In fact the movie (#1 & 2, not 3) remains as one of the few good family movies that aren't complete trash (whether your 5years old or 35). The game was considered extremely short even for those days... but very fun. It still holds up great but the 12fps style animation is more annoying now.. in those days your eyes could barely keep up but you get used to it. It would be awesome if someone remade the game with characters running more realistic though , perhaps making it longer by joining HA1 with #2 .

For those people who say Home Alone 1 is the better game.. are you out of your mind!? Put this game on hard.. and run through it without losing a single life... now that is fun >. And that type of fun Home Alone 1 would never give you. It is a lot more simple ofcourse but so what...

Controls..
----
Ins (insert), possibly #0 on numpad

*I am on laptop without numpad so to jump it is Ins for me, but others have said it's 0.*

Go get Marve & Harry!
live2enjoy is offline                         Send a private message to live2enjoy
Old 24-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #18
birdcrawl
Lurker

Default controls?

what are the full controls?
birdcrawl is offline                         Send a private message to birdcrawl
Old 28-12-2008, 03:13 AM   #19
live2enjoy

Exclamation How to play

FULL Controls..
-----------------------------------------
Move: Arrow Keys/Numpad

JUMP:
Insert/NumPad #0

Pick-up: Space

Throw
: Enter

Menu: Esc
Point of the game: To keep Marv & Harry from touching you. Use any blinking items (and some non-blinking objects, like people, dogs.. even trees) as your weaponry. If you watched the film the game is based on, you will recognize many of the items.
Sound:
you should have in-game MUSIC if you have a pc speaker. (sound blaster, etc are available in setup but don't always work). Note* There are no sound effects and there is no sound of any kind in the menus.

Can you believe people used to play games with one had using the numpad (they used 2,4,6,8 for movement, enter for shooting, 0 (ins) & . (del) for jumping,etc.. it's so uncomfortable!! thankfully, we've evolved

like using A,Z, + left-shift for racing games, or WASD for FPS games. Much easier on the muscles in your hand.

Throw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
HOW do i get pass the rolled rug on level 10?!? :angry:
you jump over it

Last edited by live2enjoy; 28-12-2008 at 03:25 AM.
live2enjoy is offline                         Send a private message to live2enjoy