Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-07-2020, 11:25 PM   #71
Hardner

Well well well, it took some time until I tried it out. Pretty easy with ImDisk virtual floppy working in DosBox. So the next hurdle is the codewheel with the ticket number. Can't find anything on the web. Any clues or hints someone?
Hardner is offline                         Send a private message to Hardner
Old 12-07-2020, 09:16 PM   #72
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I don't know where to get the wheel.

So I would start from known "good" hack. Locksmith or Neverlock maybe. And only if it will not work, I would seek for the wheel...

BTW, TDC uses "official hack" according to readme. Readme claims it's on re-release discs. Try it? (It's .COM, renamed to .DAT, as Abandonia doesn't allow coms.)
Attached Files
File Type: dat WINTER.dat (879 Bytes, 93 views)

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 12-07-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 15-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #73
Hardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
I don't know where to get the wheel.

So I would start from known "good" hack. Locksmith or Neverlock maybe. And only if it will not work, I would seek for the wheel...

BTW, TDC uses "official hack" according to readme. Readme claims it's on re-release discs. Try it? (It's .COM, renamed to .DAT, as Abandonia doesn't allow coms.)
Thanks for your reply. The attached file didn't make the deal, Ice Skating still broken.

Searched the net for Locksmith, Neverlock and TDC but couldn't find anything according.

I have found a C64 retail version of Summer Challenge at Ebay, but no Winter Challenge, only Sega cartridges with no wheel.
Old 16-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #74
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, if "official" hack doesn't work, I wouldn't have high hope with "unofficial" ones, of course. But still...

Neverlock.

Locksmith.

And TDC states for Total DOS Collection. That is biggest DOS game collection in the world - but mostly in "raw" form. (Unlike eXoDOS, that have somewhat less games, but focuses on playability).

P.S. Winter Challenge, if you really want to go _this_ way.
Old 17-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #75
Hardner

Thx for these links! Search algorithms seem pretty confused these days. Based in Germany Google didn't give any results like that.

Also for Ebay, got some US results but not a single from UK. Actually thinking about that despite being that expensive. At least this is still a collectable, pretty rare and still kinda cheap compared to other titles with 4 digit prices.
Old 20-07-2020, 10:42 AM   #76
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No one bought it, it seems, so seller relaunched the auction, slightly cheaper this time. Maybe it worth to contact the author and get more reasonable price?
Old 20-07-2020, 06:42 PM   #77
Hardner

Default Re:

Well, I just proposed 25pounds for the copy, that's the price I consider as worthy.

Let's see what happens, anyways that would be another part in the physical collection.
Old 26-07-2020, 09:59 PM   #78
Hardner

Default Re:

Bought it for 35, can hardly wait to try
Old 27-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #79
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sir, you are maniac. In good sense of the word! I admire you!

Can I ask you to scan protection wheel for the eXoDOS project? Or at least give the table with all answers, if you don't want to dismantle the wheel? eXo knows how to make interactive wheel with this data, I think.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 27-07-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 28-07-2020, 05:32 PM   #80
Hardner

Yes I am Anyways this will be another part in my physikal collection. Winter Challenge is a major part of my childhood and I have never owned an original copy, so never won on the higher difficulties. I will litterally act a fool if things won't work with the original.

I won't dismantle the wheel due to my well refined gross motor skills, but I will scan any possible wheelposition. I roughly estimate like 100+ scans. If you want you can get it exclusively, just tell me. I thought about submitting this to codewheel.org as well.