Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #21
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwolf View Post
The original is one of my favourite all time adventure games!
except for monkey Island 1 & 2, I agree. The new episodes aren't bad at all, but it feels too limited in comparison to the first game. Limited in places to go, cartoon violence and wackiness. There still remains a lot of dialogue to enjoy and the music and graphics are great, for me the whole series-concept just seems to be a cheap way to earn money. I would have preferred just one, really big game with more diversity over these small, fun but repetitive chunks of joy.

Last edited by Spoonman; 21-05-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Spoonman is offline                         Send a private message to Spoonman
Old 22-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #22
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

I got sam & max season 1... I'm on the end of episode 1 right now. It's really fun!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 22-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #23
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

I tried the new games, with free episode 4... yeah, I am stuck even after interacting with all possible objects. The guy just won't let me in.

But the humor, is still there... just if wasn't been repeating. :/
Old 23-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #24
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
except for monkey Island 1 & 2, I agree. The new episodes aren't bad at all, but it feels too limited in comparison to the first game. Limited in places to go, cartoon violence and wackiness. There still remains a lot of dialogue to enjoy and the music and graphics are great, for me the whole series-concept just seems to be a cheap way to earn money. I would have preferred just one, really big game with more diversity over these small, fun but repetitive chunks of joy.
To me it captures the spirit of Steve Purcell's original comics far better than LucasArts' ever did, not only that, but the puzzles make more sense. I still consider Sam & Max: Hit The Road to be a really shakey adventure game.

Quite frankly, you shouldn't be buying the episodes one by one, you can buy the entire first series in one pack, and I assume a new pack will be released for the second season as well. You can really only blame yourself for buying into it in the first place.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 24-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #25
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Well, actually it's not as much about the money you pay for it as about talking to the same characters and visiting the same (starting) places over again every episode.
But I do think anxious buyers\fans are being taken advantage of; it's like the advertising tells you "oh come on, buy it.. it's only 9 dollars! Uhm oh, I mean 6 times 9 dollars, unless you'd like to wait until every episode is on the market while all your friends are already halfway season 3". Any game distributor wanting to make money does something similair like that with its game ofcourse, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #26
cardboard42

They mix up the locations and characters more in the second season. I, too was starting to get a bit bored of the same old street by the end of season 1. However, some of the puzzles in season 2 seemed a bit less intuitive then before, especially in episode 4 (IIRC).
cardboard42 is offline                         Send a private message to cardboard42