Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #81
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s+Mar 12 2006, 11:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a1s @ Mar 12 2006, 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sean@Mar 13 2006, 01:54 AM
Lurking Since Oct 19 2OO4
could you return to that? you seem a whole 37.8 % smarter before you start posting.

I say we should either close this thread or stop provoking the man (666 that is), lurking is a good thing, as you know, so there's a chance something good will come out of it. [/b][/quote]
I have my reasons for disliking Punch. If I have given others reason to dislike me whilst disscussing the guy I am sure he'll be happy.

Don't troll me, it's a waste of time. I take no notice of such things.

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 12-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #82
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sean, you don't like punch, we get the message. Your posts are sending this thread the wrong way. Please desist.

EDIT: SPAG
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #83
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Why do people take this forum and internet life so seriously? Punch/#Alex#, you're 13...I'm sure if your parents read this thread they would probably laugh and call you foolish.

This is ridiculous. While this is good for admins to answer questions, I don't see a real purpose for this thread any longer. Unless Punch/#Alex# decides to tell us who the heck he is talking about, tempers are just going to continue to flare.

Admins, please take whatever actions you deign appropriate.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 12-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #84
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Havell@Mar 12 2006, 11:24 PM
Sean, you don't like punch, we get the message.* Your posts are sending this thread the wrong way.* Please desist.

EDIT: SPAG
I have been an arse, this whole thread annoys me. My apologies for any irritance I caused.

Where is this thread going, he's had his goodbyes and from what I can see there isn't anything for the admins to comment on.

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 12-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #85
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Sheesh punch... go back to school. If life seems to be that tough for you on these forums, make your own freeforum, and be an admin. See what you can and cannot do. See what you think you might want to do to the potential members, then spam this site with its address and get yourself banned... Wait a minute, this sounds vaguely familiar...

Oh no, you did something stupid, and came back and they could tell who you were. Uh oh, you did it again!

Baaaaa... I must be a brainwashed sheep too :P
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 12-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #86
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@actualy but many other people too
this sounds vaguely familiar...
what? when? why do i keep missing all this?!
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 13-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #87
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

OK.. CUT THE FUKCING FLAMING!
Next one even remotly posts something that might look like a flame will earn a free 1 days suspention to be keept out of this topic. This is powerabuse, but a fact.

The person Punch feels we'r "protecting" is a user named WolfThug (now wolf-something) And the user he feels should be allowed back is NOT Freddy... N O T Freddy, but Einjarhart.

We banned Einjarhart after giving him ALOT more slack then any normal forum-regime would do normaly.
Most his posts have been moved to a hidded sub-forum we have, that none of you normal users have visibility of, or the ability to search.

Wolf made 1 or 2 misstakes when he was new, BUT appologiced AND did behave after that to most extent.
As most of you guys know by now, we usualy give ALOT of slack to new (active) members, and usualy give them corrections instead of actual punishments.
Wolf got the point after his +20% warning and as faar as we normaly see it, that's good enough, as we have a few thousand members here, and this didn't stand out much from the rest, other then a newbee who didn't know where our level of tollerance was.

To go from that minor problem, to beeing life-essential to punch... I don't see where that became my problem, as punch simply refused to ignore him and HAD to respond to everything he wrote and refused to see himself as an active part in the flaming that would follow.

Punch is probably the user here who has gotten away with the most incidents, just because he's a longtime member, and we tend to want to keep them here to keep a steady climate and a good mood.

We'r enjoying this as much as most members are, and the only difference is, we have the responcebility of keeping a good level by activly sort out elements that ruins the mood.

I can only speak of Freddy as i've experience him, and NO.. we did NOT ban him "right away" without explanation. It was a loooong prosess, and as Freddy was an admin for some time, we keept in internaly and didn't feel we needed to make a news-paper with all the details. Freddy knew the game, and knew the outcome when he turned into that path that eventualy would lead to open conflict with the rest of the crew.

I did the actual deletion of his account, and for a time, did the tracking of all his proxies he used to access the forum after we banned the IP's he where using, blocking all the new emails, trying to see his pattern in overactive newcommers, and generaly root him out all the time until he got tired of it.

If he's here now, he's not showing it, and as faar as me concerned, he must have transformed into a normal person now, and can behave civilized, and there is nothing bad with that.

MicroVet is another storry brought up here;
He was a good member, until, as said earlier, he turned bad.
It was a game to him, and I honestly thought he would get tired after a few minutes. I did as i do 25 days a month; Leave for work. When i returned, Tom had seen it and put a stop to it. Good for him! Good for me! Good for the forum! Good for Micro...

moogle is another user that has come into debate here;
We've recived some complains against him.. shure.. and we've dealt with it.. and he knows it.. the end..
Just because someone STILL thinks there is more to this, does it mean we have to move the center of the universe to that person and obey everything automaticly?

To be honest; Punch has made alot of requests over time.. some good, and alot just makes you go "wtf?".

You HAVE to realize that the life we live involves interaction with other persons that you'll either like or disslike. The trick is to handle it in a good way, and realize you will never get your voice out every time, or get everyone to like you, or even have to care about getting everyone to like you.
ESPECIALLY on internet, as you'r more destined to run into ppl you wouldn't normaly spend time with, or even bother talking to.

Here Kosta rules as he owns the place.
Kosta chose to get admins.
Kosta can replace the admins if he feels they are abusing or missbehaving according to his intrests.
The admins and Kosta can get moderators to ease the burden of controling the users and what they post.

This is how this forum works.
If you can't adapt, find another or get your own.
If you however FEEL you are right and demand that someone higher up the hiracy should do your wishes, you've better have some good reasons to back them with.

Punch didn't..

Punch refused to even send me a formal PM that i could post in the admin area and have a discussion over, as we normaly do when we need to decide on something.

Instead he made this thread.

As i said, i'd be happy to answer any questions i'm able to or allowed to answer but in a serious manner.
Old 13-03-2006, 03:33 AM   #88
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Thank you Titan; I'm satisfied. I apologize for the frusteration this must cause.

Seeing as how you probably answered most of the questions people had (mainly about the people who were involved), I see this fit to be closed, but that is just my opinion. I'm done with this thread.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 13-03-2006, 05:39 AM   #89
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Now this is completely ridiculous. Thanks to Titan, this thread is still holding together... But no thanks for about anyone else who troll and flame around, this is getting nowhere.

I think this thread ran it's course. So far, all it turned out to be is to have 3/4 of the forum go "WTF?" with good reason, while the other 1/4 flame and troll each other.

I say, unless someone have informations which didn't been said already, this thread should be closed. I see no other use to this thread than to bring down the mood of the entire forum, and there is absolutly no need for that.
Old 13-03-2006, 05:42 AM   #90
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

:Brain: :Brain: :Brain:

(Sorry for the smiley post)