Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #41
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

A forum basically comes down to a house. You're a guest of the house's host and'll have to live by his rules. In Abandonia's case, you'll have to live by Kosta's rules. I've never seen him being unfair, and his rules're actually one of the most open ones I've seen. There's alot of freedom here, but it mainly boils down to common courtesy towards other members. Don't provoke others, don't piss others off, have a basic amount of respect towards them, etc.

The admins're there to help Kosta out in keeping this place going and making sure people'll have a great time and they too are quite open. Einherjar's the best example for this. He trolled, flamed, made discussions with very controversial views, just to piss people off and basically managed to get every single member mad at him, even those that initially protected him (which he did by going into discussion with them as well, not listening to them either), yet he's been allowed on far longer than any of the members actually wanted. Must've been a month or so that admins talked to him, tried to get him back on track, etc. A month's a very long time, but he didn't change, only got worse, so there was no choice but banning him, as he was spoiling the entire place for the other members.

As far as Freefreddy goes, the guy kept pulling people's legs. He claimed his gf got ran over (whether that's true or not, we'll keep in the middle) and said he'd leave and go to Tibet, then two weeks after, he's back with tales of him partying and pics of his new gf (which, btw, was too hot for him. 't Was just plain absurd, him with a girl like that). Now my kid bro's gf actually got driven over by a drunk driver (which Freddy claimed happened to his gf), which happened years ago, and he's still not fully over it. Partying and getting a new gf within two weeks doesn't show much respect, nor to the people who sympathized with him (it made the front page of the site, too), nor towards his late gf. After that, he left again, cause he had too much time on life, but made an alternate account, which claimed to be his best friend. After that account kinda died out, he came back with yet another gf and turned most of the male population of Abandonia's heads 'round. That gf was yet another account of his.

In short, he was just toying with people's feelings all the time here, getting people to sympathize with him, then using them or ridiculing them. All in all, it was plain psycho and kept a sick air 'round the place. He tried a few more accounts after that, and might still have more now. Dunno.

As far as Dreadlord goes, she did seem suspicious, and not really who she claimed to be, but as long as there was no harm done in it, like Freddy's toying had harm in it, I personally still don't see the problem in it. That was basically Tom's mistake, jumping on it and banning her. She turned his head upside-down, quite like Freddy's last gf did, and I still think that was a personal mistake, not a professional one. Talk that out with Tom, as it doesn't represent Abandonia itself.

At any rate, there're more important things out there than an online forum. I know I myself come here to have fun, relaxing and exchange information, but mainly fun and relaxing. If you feel you can't do that anymore, the best thing to do, is to stop going here for a week or so and doing stuff away from the computer. People've done that before, and requested a temporary ban to make sure they wouldn't be able to come back during their time off if they wanted to, and it helped. It's usually better than just completely leaving.

Edit: Oops, long-behind post.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 12-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #42
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by SirPeter@Mar 12 2006, 06:16 PM
What post got einherjar banned? Can't seem to find that post.
Well, take a look at the first page of the results you get when you press his "view all posts by this member" button. Notice how almost all of the threads were closed? That's not a good sign. Now read through the Stickler for Grammar thread and a couple of the others (if you can face it).

Now do you see why he was banned?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #43
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Titan, you are completely incorrect in thinking that punch was talking about ein in that first post. In fact, punch hated ein as much as the rest of the forum did, and thought that the admins spent too much time flip-flopping before banning him.

I think that the admins handled the Freddy situation poorly, with the instant deletions and not actually laying down what he did at the time (there was just lots of hints and vague things, nothing specific or concrete).

I also think that in some cases certain admins handle banning people poorly, such as Microporse Veteran. Who started off alright but shifted towards trolling and spamming. It ended up in a schoolboy slagging match in which microprose repeatedly dared Titan to ban him and Titan repeatedly refused (this took about a day, ruined a perfectly good thread and during this day microprose was carrying on his trolling all over the forum). As I remember it, it took the interdiction of Tom to put a stop to this and ban microprose, because those two could have carried on at each other for weeks;

"Ban me."
"No. Ha."
"go on, I dare you, ban me"
"No! I will not give in to your demands you troll!"
"Go on."
"No."
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 12-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #44
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

The Freddy situation was a bit of a tight spot for the admins. Freddy still had alot of people from on the forum in his line, talking to them over Msn and such, and if all the reasons'd've been spread out wide and open, he'd hear them and'd put on his most innocent face, knowing how to manipulate everybody to get this place running empty. 't Was more in protection of everybody here than out of poor handling that nothing specific or concrete was said.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:53 PM   #45
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Mar 12 2006, 07:23 PM
As far as Dreadlord goes, she did seem suspicious, and not really who she claimed to be, but as long as there was no harm done in it, like Freddy's toying had harm in it, I personally still don't see the problem in it. That was basically Tom's mistake, jumping on it and banning her. She turned his head upside-down, quite like Freddy's last gf did, and I still think that was a personal mistake, not a professional one. Talk that out with Tom, as it doesn't represent Abandonia itself.
Well, Freddy is very insecure, so he kept making up great stories that would make him seem more importaint (I guess everybody makes a lie now and then to appeare bigger, better, more interesting). The problem was, that Freddy simply couldn't stop and got caught in his own web. It's sad really.

I think he may still have one or two accounts open (not sure). I think the thing between him and Tom got personal. As much as I would like to see Freddy return, I really have to go with Tom's decision here. Making up dead girlfriends and having posts on the main site (I wonder who the girl really is and how she'd react if she'd see her picture and her proclaimed dead) is beyond good taste. And Freddy got quite a lot of power on the forum.

Still, he's just someone despertly trying to boost his self-image by making up white lies, that have gotten different colors with time.

As for Dreadlord... Well, she was suspicious, but I guess she could have prooven she's not Freddy if she really wanted to... But then again, how and why did she get to turn so many people's heads here? Were/are there so many people here desperate for internet love and long distance relationships (hats off to those that work: Tom + Tai)?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 12-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #46
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Mar 12 2006, 05:23 PM
As far as Freefreddy goes, the guy kept pulling people's legs. He claimed his gf got ran over (whether that's true or not, we'll keep in the middle) and said he'd leave and go to Tibet, then two weeks after, he's back with tales of him partying and pics of his new gf (which, btw, was too hot for him. 't Was just plain absurd, him with a girl like that). Now my kid bro's gf actually got driven over by a drunk driver (which Freddy claimed happened to his gf), which happened years ago, and he's still not fully over it. Partying and getting a new gf within two weeks doesn't show much respect, nor to the people who sympathized with him (it made the front page of the site, too), nor towards his late gf. After that, he left again, cause he had too much time on life, but made an alternate account, which claimed to be his best friend. After that account kinda died out, he came back with yet another gf and turned most of the male population of Abandonia's heads 'round. That gf was yet another account of his.

In short, he was just toying with people's feelings all the time here, getting people to sympathize with him, then using them or ridiculing them. All in all, it was plain psycho and kept a sick air 'round the place. He tried a few more accounts after that, and might still have more now. Dunno.

Actually, that's just funny. Too bad that I wasn't here around that time, that would surely be hillarious to pursue.
Without really knowing the situation and without wanting to step on someone's feet I think that for those who got their heads "turned upside-down" by the two it's their own fault, I wonder that someone as aged as them at all posses illusions about internet love and lets some girl play with them over internet. That's called lack of real life outside, as far as I know, and rather funny than anything else. Sounds like that Freddy guy was kind of an interesting and entertaining personality LOL
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #47
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

The way she turned those heads upside-down, was already simply by the pic in her profile. As for boosting one's self-image... how exactly would you do that by pretending to be somebody else?
Old 12-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #48
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Don't expect any sympathy from me!

This thread is just a crave for attention, admins ban when they need to not when they want to. I've disputed bans in the past but after speaking personally with the admins about their decisions I've for the most part changed my perspective. I'm sure if you was to sit down and talk to the admins about the issue everything could have been sorted out quickly and quietly but no you decided to draw attention to your moronic self.

I'll welcome you back with open arms if you ever grow up until then..

Goodbye and good riddance.

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 12-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #49
punch999
The true Shadow President

I was urged by someone to reply to this topic so I shall.

1 I talked to the admins about this. I protested against what was happening. Nothing changed so I have decided to leave out of annoyence.

2 @titan "He was brainwashed by freefreddy" I will say this once. I have never talked to him. He gives me the creeps.

3.@moogle Im glad you think of it that way! Lets call me a idiot. Even though you don't actually know why I left! I didn't leave because of "some Guy" I left not because of who they ban but who they DON'T.

4. Im not doing this for attention. I am leaving because of lost interest and lack of thought into who stays and who leaves.

punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 12-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #50
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Might be a bit of a blatant question, but who is it then that you think should be banned and that you feel is being protected? I can't think of anybody like that.
Closed Thread