Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #31
Drarch
Default Dragon

Is the dragon unkillable? I don't even know where to find the items anymore, but I found them all years ago and died every time. Only way I have even been able to win is by killing the king. Any help with the dragon would be appreciated.

Old 19-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #32
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I know I've read the dragon is killable.
I'll check my collection, but I don't think I've got the magazine with the solution anymore.

EDIT: Found a scanned copy on the net. All it said was exactly what you are doing - you need the Shield, Lance and Armor and then aim for the eye.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 19-09-2011 at 04:20 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #33
Drarch
Default Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
I know I've read the dragon is killable.
I'll check my collection, but I don't think I've got the magazine with the solution anymore.

EDIT: Found a scanned copy on the net. All it said was exactly what you are doing - you need the Shield, Lance and Armor and then aim for the eye.

Do you remember or does it say how to get those items?

Old 19-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #34
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Somewhat. "Court Jane and break off with her to get the Lance", "Court Wendessa sufficiently long to get the Shield", "be in good relations with Valletta to get the Armor".

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #35
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

I've killed the dragon many times, rest assured it can be done! I can't do it every time though...it is hard. As long as you've got the 3 items, and your lance skills is pretty darn high...plus you have to have high strength...it should be easy enough to get herculean from just taking a few castles...I've always managed to get that...but I feel like those details might be overlooked easily.

I believe one of the ladies mentions that a man would have to be very strong to effectively use the dragon slaying armor...remember the man died because the armor was too heavy and he fell off his horse...so the story goes anyways.

So I figure you need herculean strength...high lance skill, and the three items...try a good 4 or 5 times...tracking the eye with your lance

Good luck!
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon
Old 23-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #36
Tenzu

You can get both the Shield and the Dragonstone from either Victoria or Wendessa. The Lance you get from Hugh by either making a deal with him in exchange for the Proclamation or by breaking off the engagement to Jane. In the former, you can still marry Jane by keeping her in the dark. Valetta will give you the Armor if you insist upon slaying the dragon, which won't ruin any prospect of marriage. So obviously, I've acquired all the items.

I also have tried this after maxing out all of my attributes, and still failed. My lance skill won't seem to go beyond 20 though....even after going 48-7 in jousts. (Took me a while to figure out the lance....then I went undefeated afterward.)

I'm wondering if my inability to slay the dragon stems from one of two possible glitches. One is the graphics which if I read correctly suffered from the rip. The other is that the jousting skill not going above 20 when maybe it is supposed to. My melee skill is at least twice as high, since I have been in over 100 battles, but the jousting skill seems to max out within about 10 wins.

Does anyone know whether either of these two things might be causing the problem?

Oh....and I've tried slaying the dragon probably 20+ times with zero success. I just get eaten.
Tenzu is offline                         Send a private message to Tenzu
Old 29-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #37
Mingoo
Default Step-by-Step-How-To-Do ?

Hi!

I just found this game what I played for hours a day when i was a kid. I tried to use the DosBox to emulate this game, but can I have step-by-step how to do it, on the first page it's quite difficult becauce I don't get it! Do I suppose to write all the command lines in on "sentence" or what? Help the dummy one!

Old 29-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #38
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Perhaps this will help a bit: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14406

-- Reed Richards
Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #39
Default Problem Getting Conqueror to Work

I'm using D-Fend Reloaded. I have the CD-rom, I copied all of the files to my hard drive and pointed D-Fend to where the files were and made a new profile using the conquer.exe file.

I was having problems with the Gob file error message, I then edited the .INI file as you all recommended (added the GOB=.\
AUD_DRV=.\
CD_PATH=.\CONQUER\)

That solved the GOB problem. The program starts now, the hourglass cursor appears, I get excited, then it cancels out and gives me an error screen which reads "cdrom access failure mscdex not found" and it returns to windows.

What is the problem here?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #40
dosraider
Dismembered.

Delete your stuff, that's not the way to work with a real CD.
The game searches files via mscdex call.
Create CD image and mount that as D: in D-Fend ( -> D-Fend manual)
Reinstall the game from D: on C:

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider