Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #191
Yobor
Hero Gamer

@Romano: Haha yeah that was my old avatar and signature, and the one I uploaded to Abandonia Reloaded I'm pretty sure. Thanks for pulling that up... hehe. After that one I went to the terminator one, and then after that, my final one was the necromancer. I can remember it was the last one because that was the one I had during my brief time in the Grammar squad. I was so shamed that I had to bail that I just left the forum totally for over a year so it was only deleted in the Studentis dealie.

@Scatty: Nah mine was just the in-game graphic of the necromancer sitting in a one man stack on the plains background, on the yellow nation palette. I'd go through the bother of making it again, but then I'd have gone through the bother.

Tulac, good times failing at working out the email system... I'm sure we could have done it if either of us cared more.

And, does Quatroking even exist anymore?
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 01-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #192
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Greetings to you too, Romano! How's life treating you?
Thank you Grinder for asking how I am
I'm fine at the moment. The whole (small) family is here in Zagreb (Croatia) for Christmas and New Year holidays. Unfortunately it will not last to long. Ines will go back to Khartoum in Sudan where she works, and Kosta to Dublin where he study and work in the same time.

I have some Christmas photos:

http://www.freeebay.net/site/images/...mas%202008.jpg

We have not discuss anything regarding Abandonia

Btw. I am working on the new site: http://www.freeebay.net
You will be welcomed!

Last edited by Romano; 01-01-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 01-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #193
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romano Krauth View Post
Thank you Grinder for asking how I am
I'm fine at the moment. The whole (small) family is here in Zagreb (Croatia) for Christmas and New Year holidays. Unfortunately it will not last to long. Ines will go back to Khartoum in Sudan where she works, and Kosta to Dublin where he study and work in the same time.
Christmas was nice this year because all three family members that are living alone came to visit, so it was a bit like a reunion. Ours didn't last long either. I hope you savored the moment

Last edited by Grinder; 02-01-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #194
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well guys, I wasn't really gone completely. After 1000th game mega update i stopped reviewing. Actually, I remember reviewing Rastan and Artura since I had idea of making another mega update (I guess I'm nothing better but a showman ) and I probably will during the summer.
Anyway, after those 2 reviews, I tried writing for 3 new ones and there was a real lack of creativity. I simply can't write short and simple reviews somehow... Day for a new and better abandonia was closing and I talked with Kosta about some things and ideas. We all expected much from this new abandonia. So, step by step, I created some sort of vision for new and hopefully the best search engine for games on the net. I defined the tags that should be used and divided all those tags into some groups that should be easy for users to understand and Kosta liked it. So I kept myself busy for weeks going through EVERY GAME ON THE SITE defining those tags for each and every game and making an archive file for everything. Eventually, job was finished but, unfortunally, new abandonia lacked support for any advanced search and it seems that it will stay that way There simply was no time to be created. Well, I still keep my files about that, maybe one day...

After that I remained mostly quit waiting for this studentis thing to be solved. I was checking forum to see what's going on on that matter... Now I was very happy to see that site can function again... well, with some changes and then this fighting happened. I was really sad to see that and I remained silent about it, not wanting to take any sides.

All in all, I'm not leaving abandonia. I don't want to care about who's in charge or something. I was here primary because of my love for old games, because they gave me so much fun and this reviewing is also fun. And abandonia is really the best abw site on the net. So, in next few months, i'm still not sure will i do any review. I got lot to do and when i come home i just wanna relax and waste some time on the net. I was thinking to start adding info about games in the abw list, just to be useful a bit

I'll be around guys, maybe not always seen, but around...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #195
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko_river View Post
Man, so much memories, so much nostalgia...
I remember some people i miss now. Wendy, warmpaul..

I remember warmpaul's topic about member of the month idea, it made me laugh. And myself had some revolution topic against admins. That was at the time i was new and didn't really know who the admins were and what are they like. I just liked making some mess. Those are some less known stuff.

I have to stop now, too much memories. I will write more. Man, i miss old AB....
Hey Marko,

Just to say that it is a great honour that you still remember me, off course I remember you also and the good discussions we had.

That topic that you spoke about (war against the admins) there was also someone involved who was beneath or exact 12 years old and always very angry. As far as I can remember it was not Punch but someone else who was very active at the forum and always negative and fighting against the admins :thumbs:

But you named my employee of the month topic, I know it have never reached the front page but still love the idea

Remember also mine personal moment of frustration (was angry with some people on the forum, specially Sebastionas) and that I just had to beat him with spamming for 1 week?

Made the topic 7 Days off and except that I reacted to every post behind me (no matter what er stood) I probally made the most post in a row (9 post in row without reaction from other members) without a warn

Maybe I was lucky there or the admins just love my words when I was praying them while you were burning them to the ground.

Love those old days, will get here more to hear stories and see old friends from AB long time ago

Ps. got somewhere on a back-up a soundtrack where you can hear Puffy (Puffin) sing...maybe I should dig it up :bleh:

Regards,

Wormpaul aka WP
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #196
Dino
Call me Edmund

I'm happy to see another old member here. Welcome back, wormpaul!

BTW, is the young individual that you're reffering to maybe Danny252?
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 02-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #197
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Maybe it's rather Yamcha.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 02-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #198
Japo
Autonomous human

I don't remember Danny being negative and fighting against the admins
Old 02-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #199
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

danny was always flame-y
Old 02-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #200
Caged
Game Wizzard

@Wormpaul

huh, wow, Kenya...thats nowhere even near where i thought you were 0_o

somehow i always pictured you in France for some reason...
Caged is offline                         Send a private message to Caged