Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #11
My-Q

Well, to make things a BIT easier LOL perhaps mind probe is okay.. after all, it's just a mind reading device and will affect no aliens nor humans in the game. Medikits & Motion Scanner as well as ALL laser tech should be allowed. But it's gonna be a GREAT challenge to use JUST conventional weapons. And also, ALL reseach is okay as long as you didn't use the alien techs. Well, i'm just suggesting a challenge here, so.. LOL
My-Q is offline                         Send a private message to My-Q
Old 15-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #12
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Or maybe more options :whistle: :HARD:NO tech,lasers,better crafts(except one avanger to finish the game....) or craft weapon.You can still research and manufacture all techs but you cant use them
MEDIUM:All human techs allowed(lasers etc...) maybe some other things as well(dunno,Alien crafts and/or weapons??? :blink: )
EASY:Well I got no idea....Maybe just cant use plasma weapons LOL
Myself I already started game and try to do HARD challenge :evil:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 16-03-2005, 06:40 AM   #13
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Still, how are you supposed to "judge" this competition? On the TTD Challenge you need to send a screenshot. What would you do here?

Is it a "competition" at all to begin with?
Old 16-03-2005, 01:15 PM   #14
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

More of a "can you do it".... i think...

HARD: Anything you can't buy, is not for use
Medium: Lasers, medi-kit and motion-tracker.. well.. ok
Easy: As long as you don't use blasters and PSI...
Old 17-03-2005, 01:26 AM   #15
xcom freak
Games Master

I dont think its possible to win without alien craft weapon or laser craft weapons.....

but with lasers....i am on it....
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 17-03-2005, 04:58 AM   #16
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak@Mar 17 2005, 03:26 AM
I dont think its possible to win without alien craft weapon or laser craft weapons.....

A swarm (3-4) of interceptors with Avalanche can take out ANY craft with ease.
They can take on battle-ships also, but that is another story..
If you'r willing to pay 3 x 600.000 + the cost of new launchers and ammo, for loosing 3 interceptors to take down one battle-ship, shure.. but else, you CAN survive w/o taking them down.

Nightmare mission: Terror-site @ night... and you just realize you are faceing Etherials or Mutons.... Gotta be depressing.
Old 17-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #17
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak@Mar 17 2005, 03:26 AM

When you wont attack enemy ufos...Just fly behind it and see where they land/start terror site/ground new base,and then go there with skyranger...This counts only for big Ufos(althought,as Titan said,Avalnches can take care of them ) you will be able to down small ones without problem.You will lose funds(negative points for "ignoring" ufo) but you wont fail the game,when you win the mission.

Quote:
If you'r willing to pay 3 x 600.000 + the cost of new launchers and ammo, for loosing 3 interceptors to take down one battle-ship, shure.. but else, you CAN survive w/o taking them down.
Without problem.Realize that you dont need ANY of alien techs...This mean that you will gain aproximetly 1 millions for SMALL ufo...Plus you can still manufacture/sell.I dont think money would be problem in this challange

I just used a smart tactics against mutons and sectapods.Give four primed demo-packs to your soldier and run to the place where is sectapods,or few mutons.After they kill him-BOOOM
The soldier must not have any other equipment,and TU and Vitality better than average.You must also protect him,until you see good target.This will deal with mutons and sectapods when you give him enought explosives.... :Titan:
Old 22-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #18
My-Q

Well, you can't send screenshots since you can manipulate it LOL
It's kind of a "test" to prove yourself.. and i know that it'll bring a nice feeling to know that you beat the game without alien techs
My-Q is offline                         Send a private message to My-Q
Old 22-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #19
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Woah woah woah.
Suicide bombers? Sweet. Whenever I play I am always stuck in the mind of "All of my people must live".
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 22-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #20
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I dont care.I often loose around 90% of my troops in a terror mission with mutons or etherals... And I have around 400 soldiers in my bases so I dont waste time when buying new ones. I am in august have around 30 millions and I am a REALLY backwards in resreach(after resreaching psi labs and hyperwave recorder I just froze all my resreach but I realized I actually need an avanger to win this game :blink: so I start resreaching again)