Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #21
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Tesla was loco.

But that thing with the dog head. WTF creepy and intresting.
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 26-03-2006, 01:48 AM   #22
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

The whole thing about visibility was the Phiadelphi-Experiment, where they made an entire ship including the crew invisible. Sadly the whole crew went nuts.

But why test it on something small like an apple first? A whole ship with crew is way more fun :P

To come back to topic:
I've heard of something similar a while ago, if I recall it correctly. Some scientiest revived dogs by replacing their blood with some kind of fluid....stuff.

Or maybe they "freezed" them with that fluid stuff, only to revive them later.
Something like that.

Can't really recall it exactly.

Oh and relating to the BrainTrans website:
WTFHOLYSHIT? If it wasn't a fraud I would get serious headaches by now
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 26-03-2006, 08:24 AM   #23
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s+Mar 26 2006, 12:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a1s @ Mar 26 2006, 12:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gufu1992@Mar 26 2006, 01:04 AM
Tesla was not Russian
ah, russian, poslih 'tis all the same to US ignorant Americans. However he worked most of his life in America- filthy immigrant! taking our jobs...! :ranting:

(j/k) [/b][/quote]
To come back to this - Tesla wasn't Polish either :whistle: , bu tI guess I could agree on the ignorant part of the quote (just make it a bit more general then just one nation)...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #24
Toxik
Game Wizzard

How could the brain transplant work?
I mean,you could remove brain from one's head and put it in another,but that's about it...you would simply end with two dead bodies and two disembodied brains,sitting in their skulls
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 26-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #25
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andy@Mar 26 2006, 02:48 AM
But why test it on something small like an apple first? A whole ship with crew is way more fun :P
That experiment was made to try only a "radar invisibility"! But (maybe) something went in the wrong way...

Nowadays many scientists are working on invisibility, which is just a special quantic state of the matter that leave rays of light passing trought things.

But i'm going
Old 26-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #26
a1s
Hero Gamer

Turns out Nikola Tesla was a serb.
oh well, am anum ad astra, as they said in rome- you learn soemthing every day.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 26-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #27
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

OK and now back to the topic...

So?

Except for the statements at the end - how long certain dogs lived... that' really nothing unnatural.

Just think of the people in the hospital, that are actually dead - but are still "alive". I'm talking about people who are alive only because they're hooked up on machines. Pull the plug and they die. Well, this photage shows one of the earliest prototypes of such machines, but that's about it. There's nothing creepy about it.

Were you to watch DaVinci cut open corpses would probably more disturbing and creepier, but then again - these are the steps that brought the modern medical science to where it is now.

Do you think dr Christiaan Barnard just woke up one day and said - oh, here's a heart, what if I transplant it? For such a transplant you need to keep the body alive while without a heart. And yes, it's basically really just a number of pumps - that's what out blood stream is.

As for the reataching of the head (not the brain as some of you started talking here)... Well, if you loose a limb it's possible to reatach it. Theoretically it would be possible for a head as well, but you'd need to keep an influx of blood both to the head and to the body (keeping both artifically alive). The only thing that kindda bothers me is the way they supply oxigen to the blood. I think there's a special function that the lungs do in order to do this (but I'm not sure). Also there's always a chance that the body will reject the transplant - although in this case it's the same tissue, so there should be no problem of that. Basically a body (be it of a dog or a human) is just a machine - a biological self reproducing machine - but nevertheless a machine. That's why it can be damaged and fixed. People have been clinically dead and brought back from the flatline. What's that other then re-animation? Only in those cases it's called saving a life.

I haven't really seen anything inprobably here. It might not be true, but there's a very high possibility it is. And it's got nothing to do with the Soviet Union, I bet other laboratories made similar studies (although for some reason in US they prefered dogs... Pavlov's dogs for psychology, Laika - the first dog in space... these re-animated dogs...).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #28
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

Cause ameria has monkeys
Old 27-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #29
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What's this Ameria?

And doesn't a wide variety of countries have monkeys?

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 27-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #30
punch999
The true Shadow President

Yes but our monkey are half the population of america! :P
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999