Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-01-2006, 03:33 AM   #111
Kearnsy
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Yobor@Jan 7 2006, 04:41 PM
I believe that Warcraft 2 was the best game that Blizzard has made to date. They fixed the unit problems, it isn't obscenely hard, there is an editor, the units were interesting, and a strange new world was created.
I almost agree with you.

It was the best until STARCRAFT!

I got really good with the starcraft editor and ade missions with triggers and voiced story lines (by me ) and briefings and everything... those where the days.

WArcraft 2 does infact S**T all over the original.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 08-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #112
punch999
The true Shadow President

we only ban people who annoy us for a long time and do extreamly stupid things\
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 09-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #113
*Happy*

In my view all 3 versions of warcraft have their good and bad points. Warcraft 1 is an excellent and very fun game, but has some major flaws. The first one is the interface (but then again Dune 2's interface is even worse), but the one that bugs me most is the Daemons and Elementals. These units cost no resources and are far stronger than any other unit in the game. Once players get the Conjurers and Warlocks needed to summon them the game becomes a race to see who can summon more of these in the lesat time. The only other important unit once you reach this stage is the Catapult. All the Archers, knights etc. become irelevant. Also, the hunams get better spells - healing for example is far superior to raise dead. Still, a good grasp of strategy is needed to win the game, especially if you agree not to use Daemons/Elementals, and this is what I like in a stratgy game. Warcraft I is simple, fun and rewards intelligent tactics.

My main problem with II and III is the change in the story. I really prefer the classic evil orcs vs. good humans medieval matchup. Already in warcraft 2 we have elves, trolls, goblins, gnomes, dwarves and who knows what, none of which is mentioned in the first game (the third game moves on to add Vampires, Night elves etc. - in fact very similar to the standard fantasy fare - I liked how Warcraft 1 could just take 2 simple races and make a good story and fun game). The rapid increase in gunpowder weapons, torpedoes and similar bugs me (if the ships use heavy cannons, why do the infantry still use swords and catapults) - and in warcraft 3 it gets worse - mortars and riflemen! What's next - apache helicopters and lasers?!? Also what annoys me is the change in the orc's mentality from game to game: in I they're just purely cruel and evil, in II they're cruel, but wacky and stupid, and in III they suddenly change to some sort of honourable warriors (really, you expext me to believe these are the same critters?). Oh yes, and in Warcraft II the units move much faster than in Warcraft I and the archers have a ridiculously short range, removing any sort of tactics when fighting with non-magic using land units like Footmen, Knights, Archers etc.

--End of rant--

Old 23-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #114
jalte s?rensen

Have any of ever heard of WarCraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans.....
the warcraft-adventure game, which Blizzard cancelled.

you can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_Adve...rd_of_the_Clans
and here:
http://www.answers.com/topic/warcraft-adve...rd-of-the-clans

do any of you know if there were any BETA-version ever released??? and if it can be downloaded somewere????

cause i would like to know..

such a game would fit nice to this wonderful site.

you can see some of the pictures and screenshots from the game here:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/thumb...album=14&page=1

and you can download the prewiev to the game here:
http://files.filefront.com/war3adventure/;...;/fileinfo.html
jalte s?rensen is offline                         Send a private message to jalte s?rensen
Old 23-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #115
punch999
The true Shadow President

1 Don't double post

2 Blizzard is esa so the game wouldn't allow it anway if it was released.

3 and we don't put betas on the site
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 24-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #116
Gamefreak

1. Where did he double-post?
3. Are you now the site owner and decide whatever is added and what not?

I know of WarCraft Adventures, they stopped it pretty early after they decided it. But I suspect that whoever the beta-testers were, they wouldn't release the game for everybody, maybe just because they would've been prohibited from that.

Old 14-03-2006, 06:16 PM   #117
UnHoly Ram

Can you CTRL-# to assign a hot key to a group of units like you could in later games? It makes it a lot easier for handling more than one group of units?

Old 15-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #118
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Not as far as I know.
Also, you can select only 4 units at a time.

Guess what, Blizzard just didn't think of their current solutions back then.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #119
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Uh yes you can.
I own the original on a CD so I should know. :P
But I'm not sure if it works on this version, as far as I can remember, there were two versions released, a floppy version (came on about three or so floppies) and the disk version, the floppy one had some stuff missing, to free up space (mostly scripting, since most games sizes' were largely composed of scripts) I think one of those things were the numbering system, another was the ability to use the shift button to select all your units (you had to drag).
It was lame, thankfully I lost the floppy version and found the Warcraft Battlechest back in 97, which was definitely worth the 30$ bucks it was charged back then.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 24-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #120
WoW.ServerDown
Lurker

World of warcraft ( WoW) is best of them all :P. If it only wasnt for the 13 euro per week payment...
anyway server is down so im DL-ing smtg to pass the time >.<
WoW.ServerDown is offline                         Send a private message to WoW.ServerDown