I'll PM you :bye:
Old 31-12-2004, 12:46 PM   #62
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by D-1-Viper@Nov 4 2004, 07:00 PM
found it nomad aka project nomad
found it nomad aka project nomad

I don't think the combat or humor was as good in Project Nomad as in Star Control 2, but if you're looking for it, HOTU I believe has it.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 08-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #63
GhePeU

I told this to Tom Henrik a few days ago, but I see that he was away for a few days so maybe he just forgot the thing: the file named Star Control 2 Tips and Controls in this game's extras is really the full manual for Star Control 1. Can anyone move it in the exact page? thank you
GhePeU is offline                         Send a private message to GhePeU
Old 12-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #64
Harleqwyn

What a game and what roleplaying. Starcon2 really made me feel like a starship captain travelling between stars on a perilous mission to free your people. The music just blew me away, the mods just fit so well with the particular alien or situation. My favourites are the planet orbit and the Mycon tunes.

If it is possible to have any complaints about the game, I have one - the time limit. When I played the game the first time I took my time and slowly mined and upgraded my ship. I actually flew from one end of the galaxy to the other in hyperspace... I didn't realise that the Melnorme warning meant life and death. I was happily going about my business in 2559 when next thing I know, :boom: and I was sent back to the opening screen. Only when I checked out the Arilou early in the next game did I realise that this was essential to beating the game. I also realised that cargo pods and mining are quite useless, as it takes too much time to get money (legitimately) from mining.

I recall someone telling me that the way to the Arilou does not appear at all as we get nearer to the time limit (and we've never passed through it yet). Just wondering if anyone experienced this?

Old 12-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #65
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Harleqwyn@Jan 12 2005, 10:44 PM
If it is possible to have any complaints about the game, I have one - the time limit. When I played the game the first time I took my time and slowly mined and upgraded my ship. I actually flew from one end of the galaxy to the other in hyperspace... I didn't realise that the Melnorme warning meant life and death. I was happily going about my business in 2559 when next thing I know, :boom: and I was sent back to the opening screen.
This has been the biggest single complaint of the game I've seen: that annoying time limitation. The Toys for Bob folks simply made their races too much fun and their game too interesting for any of us to want to pay attention to a ticking clock. I'd rather just explore; and it's followup, which allows you to explore, was done by Legend Entertainment, and is about half as interesting--if that.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 12-01-2005, 10:15 PM   #66
Harleqwyn

Quote:
This has been the biggest single complaint of the game I've seen: that annoying time limitation.* The Toys for Bob folks simply made their races too much fun and their game too interesting for any of us to want to pay attention to a ticking clock.* I'd rather just explore; and it's followup, which allows you to explore, was done by Legend Entertainment, and is about half as interesting--if that.
Hi Borodin,
Not surprised at all. On my part, it wasn't that I completely disregarded the warning, it was more like I thought the plot was going to be advanced in some way when the time came. They say when their thingamajig turns black they're toast so they're leaving, but they forgot to say that everyone else would be toast too :0). But thinking about it somemore, perhaps some trading elements ala Starflight would have been nice too, a diversion from the main plot. Of course this assumes that the time limit was somewhat longer.

Followup? Best forgotten I say.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #67
GhePeU

Quote:
Originally posted by GhePeU@Jan 8 2005, 12:04 PM
I told this to Tom Henrik a few days ago, but I see that he was away for a few days so maybe he just forgot the thing: the file named Star Control 2 Tips and Controls in this game's extras is really the full manual for Star Control 1. Can anyone move it in the exact page? thank you
GhePeU is offline                         Send a private message to GhePeU
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 AM   #68
Buntmans

This is absolutely one of the best games ever... it's gameplay is still not been surpassed by todays games. Excellent graphics and sounds... and definetely alot of humor!!

Action, humor, strategy but most of all EXPLORING

god i love this game
Buntmans is offline                         Send a private message to Buntmans
Old 23-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #69
Jason Short

If you didn't know, this game is reborn under the name "The Ur-Quan Masters". It should run on just about all platforms.

UQM

Old 09-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #70
Gary

Hey,

Yeah, for some reason, when I'm running SC2 and I go into hyperspace, the colors go all whacky... Permanently. I keep getting sucked out of hyperspace, and some sort of dialogue pops up, but all of my selections are unreadable because everything is very, very white. What can I do to fix this? This happens every single time. I was just taking a few stabs in the dark and tried switching dosbox from VGA to SVGA, but that didn't seem to work. Any help would be much-appreciated. Thanks guys. Keep up the good work!