Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Funkaloyd

Default Medieval point and click adventure (possibly educational?)

Kia ora,

Hoping someone can help. I'm looking for a point and click adventure game I would have played roughly between 94 and 97, though it could have been released well before then. I don't remember much, but here goes:

It was medieval themed, the part I remember was set around a castle.

I can't remember if it was 1st or 3rd person, but some of the puzzles were definately 1st person.

Graphics were quite basic, with most screens looking like an above average MS paint drawing (eg 5 Days a Stranger, or Kings Quest but less wacky). I don't think it was very colourful, but that could be just the castle area.

I *think* there was sound, maybe 8bit. I'm think there was thunder and lightning and the pitterpatter of rain.

I remember two puzzles: In one you're outside the castle and need to figure out how to open the door or gate with a key. I'm not sure if you have different keys or locks to choose from or how it worked.

The other puzzle is once you're inside the castle. You come to a room with a bunch of weapons and armour mounted on the wall. When you go to inspect or click on any of them, they all fall to the floor with a crash. You then have to try to put each item back where it was.

Thanks for your time!
Funkaloyd is offline                         Send a private message to Funkaloyd
Old 07-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
hanrose33
Lurker

hey this could have been from encarta? that childrens encyclopedia cd rom? it had a medieval game on it encarta '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkaloyd View Post
Kia ora,

Hoping someone can help. I'm looking for a point and click adventure game I would have played roughly between 94 and 97, though it could have been released well before then. I don't remember much, but here goes:

It was medieval themed, the part I remember was set around a castle.

I can't remember if it was 1st or 3rd person, but some of the puzzles were definately 1st person.

Graphics were quite basic, with most screens looking like an above average MS paint drawing (eg 5 Days a Stranger, or Kings Quest but less wacky). I don't think it was very colourful, but that could be just the castle area.

I *think* there was sound, maybe 8bit. I'm think there was thunder and lightning and the pitterpatter of rain.

I remember two puzzles: In one you're outside the castle and need to figure out how to open the door or gate with a key. I'm not sure if you have different keys or locks to choose from or how it worked.

The other puzzle is once you're inside the castle. You come to a room with a bunch of weapons and armour mounted on the wall. When you go to inspect or click on any of them, they all fall to the floor with a crash. You then have to try to put each item back where it was.

Thanks for your time!
hanrose33 is offline                         Send a private message to hanrose33
Old 13-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
Funkaloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanrose33 View Post
hey this could have been from encarta? that childrens encyclopedia cd rom? it had a medieval game on it encarta '95
MindMaze! That's actually not the game I was thinking of, but I do remember playing that as well. I'd forgotten all about it, but I just listened to the theme on YouTube and it seems like it was yesterday. Thanks for reminding me

Can anyone else remember a game with a castle and a puzzle like the second one I described? That's the part of the game I remember most vividly. The other stuff could be tricks of the memory.

Cheers
Funkaloyd is offline                         Send a private message to Funkaloyd
Old 17-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #4
Doink
Game freak

Could be:

Castle of Dr. Brain

Last edited by Doink; 17-04-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Doink is offline                         Send a private message to Doink