Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Funkmaster5000
PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

Default BlitzBasic or QuickBasic anyone?

Just out of interest. Maybe you want to share your games or ideas. I currently started developing with it and it's very nice to handle. Originally I used QuickBasic, but unfortunatly it's very hard to write something for modern PCs, despite the 256 color charm, that it offers. Especially controlling the speed of the programs was difficult, because most of the people used loops, that do nothing but kill time. When you have found out the correct value, how often the loop has to be run, then it worked fine in DosBOX and still too fast, without. That's basically the reason, why I've started to use BlitzBasic.

Maybe I'll share some projects here.
Funkmaster5000 is offline                         Send a private message to Funkmaster5000
Old 07-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
arnavkeegan
[BANNED]

Blitzasic is really good as one of my friend who works in palm beach real estate attorney used to used it
arnavkeegan is offline                         Send a private message to arnavkeegan
Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
AbandoniaEddie
Abandonia nerd

Smile

I started out programming in BASIC (Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) on the Acorn Electron and later the BBC Micro. It was a very powerful flavour of BASIC and could even include assembly language instructions.

When the PC appeared I started developing with Borland Turbo Pascal. When Windows came on the scene I naturally progressed to Borland Delphi. I still have version 1 for creating 16 bit binaries for both DOS and Windows 3.

If you're looking for game ideas, try creating a Pong game, or Lunar Lander or even Tetris.

Cheers
Eddie
AbandoniaEddie is offline                         Send a private message to AbandoniaEddie
Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

I made a Pong clone is QBasic back in my high school years... For better or worse I lost the file