Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #311
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Also keep in mind that while you swim, your stamina is drained quickly. With 10 skill in swimming you can swim only 1 square, after which you won't have enough stamina left and drown if you move to yet another square. The higher your Swimming skill, the less stamina will be drained and the further you can swim. Still, even at 100, usually only for 5-6 squares before characters begin drowning, so always save before swimming.

In combat you can select which group to attack (depending on how far your weapon can reach - short, extended or thrown/shot), and after that when your party makes its turns you can see who hit (or missed) whom etc. You can't select single opponents within a group to attack, your characters choose automatically. Can do that only in Wizardry 8.
Just go into a fight and see how it works, it's simple enough.

Map Kit is necessary for you to see a small overhead map if you use it. One character needs to be training Mapping skill and using the Map Kit, your choice who. At higher levels of that skill you can see more detailed map, which is very useful. You should use the Map Kit while viewing the world, not in the inventory.
It is very useful to not get lost in Wizardry VII, the world is very large, so you should concentrate one of the party members on that skill.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 15-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #312
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Even with perfect mapping skill using the journey map kit still doesn't yield a good automap and is very cumbersome to use. If you want to use it nevertheless 10 mapping skill is enough to cover the basics, the rest can be done when casting skill is maxed. Since priest and mage will have maxed their casting first you might want to give the mapping skill to one of them, valkyrie and bard might work too but monk and ninja need their academic skillpoints.

You can consider class changing with your characters, your Valkyrie could take 9 levels of Valkyrie, then 9 levels of ninja and switch back to Valkyrie afterwards for extra skillpoints and picking up ninjitsu and kirijitsu as ninja.
Twill could change to lord at level 9 for extra skill points and better fighting.
But remember that stats will drop to the racial class minimum after switching.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 15-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #313
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Also keep in mind that while you swim, your stamina is drained quickly. With 10 skill in swimming you can swim only 1 square, after which you won't have enough stamina left and drown if you move to yet another square. The higher your Swimming skill, the less stamina will be drained and the further you can swim. Still, even at 100, usually only for 5-6 squares before characters begin drowning, so always save before swimming.

In combat you can select which group to attack (depending on how far your weapon can reach - short, extended or thrown/shot), and after that when your party makes its turns you can see who hit (or missed) whom etc. You can't select single opponents within a group to attack, your characters choose automatically. Can do that only in Wizardry 8.
Just go into a fight and see how it works, it's simple enough.

Map Kit is necessary for you to see a small overhead map if you use it. One character needs to be training Mapping skill and using the Map Kit, your choice who. At higher levels of that skill you can see more detailed map, which is very useful. You should use the Map Kit while viewing the world, not in the inventory.
It is very useful to not get lost in Wizardry VII, the world is very large, so you should concentrate one of the party members on that skill.

Still in the town of Glory - Ukpyr, exploring and increasing my levels.
SCATTY NINJA AND PACO MONK - LVL 6
ALL OTHERS - 7 LVL

I still do not find Ukpyr Quee or Smithy..
Here i notice that during my restoring sleep no interruptors as in W 6 which was very unhandy.
..Some stupid blonde girls with red Yamaha motors are strong opps. Still..
After some formalities here i have to start my jorney to famous New city.

Excuse me pls, do You see some German speaking NPC named Sacred_Path or he falls down with the dead of the braves?
Ja?
Old 15-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #314
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Excuse me pls, do You see some German speaking NPC named Sacred_Path or he falls down with the dead of the braves?
Ja?
I'm afraid Brombadeg the Sea Monster dragged him to the bottom of the sea Be careful with that monster when you meet him later yourself.

Be careful on your way to New City, some tough battles for you on the way there. Probably too tough for the current level of your characters, if you go explore sideways off the way.
Old 16-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #315
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
I'm afraid Brombadeg the Sea Monster dragged him to the bottom of the sea Be careful with that monster when you meet him later yourself.

Be careful on your way to New City, some tough battles for you on the way there. Probably too tough for the current level of your characters, if you go explore sideways off the way.
Thanks for info, dear Master and Gyry.

...It is very strange for me that i will meet strong opposition, being lvl 6/7?
What about the novices, who will start with level 1?
I duly increase my Swimming skill waiting for a river.
How have to be Swimming skill for team member to swim without problems a river? 10 points? More?
Increasing Skills, i have no idea which ones to up and therefore I act randomly, so eventual mistakes are possible, gnadige Kmonster..
Expecting (i did some preliminary expeditions on the road to New city already) strong opps (as that blonde girls with motors-like ) i plan to increase more my levels before my start to this New city.

..Some spells from W6 are kept here as Direction, Knock-Knock, Mental Attack and more.
But the battles here are not so fast...

Pls i will paste some Inet statement and want Yr notes as well:
..Start of the quotation:

Super Interchangeable Faerie
A Fairy is interchangeable between the classes of Bard and Thief. Here's how I normally do it.
Roll a Faerie Ninja, and remember to have a few points of Kirijutsu (so you don't lose it). Around level 5-6, when you are fighting groups that give you 1500+ xp, after (or even during) a fight, you can switch your Faerie to Bard (or thief) for a level almost every fight.
In using this method, by the time my other characters were level 10, my faerie had 120+ hp, and 100 on at least 2 stats per category. And all of the best mage spells.

..End of the quotation..
Old 16-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #316
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

For swimming wait until everyone has 10 swimming skill, make sure everyone has stamina, save your game, walk one step into the water and walk back out immediately. Before you repeat you can rest and/or use the stamina spell to pump up stamina again but it's best done near a stamina regenerating fountain so you don't waste so much time.
Each time a character enters the water and don't drown there's a chance for the swimming skill to improve.

The fairy class change works this way but be aware that each time you switch class stats are reset to racial class minimum (str 5, pie 6, vit 6).
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 16-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #317
Scatty
Treasure hunter

New City is a kind of starter-intermediate area and there are mostly much weaker encounters, but you started in Ukpyr, which (just like areas around Rattkin Ruins, Nyctalinth, Dane Tower etc.) counts as advanced area with stronger encounters. So when you'll be getting close to New City, the encounters actually will be getting less difficult.

Increase Swimming just to 10 points, from there on you can practice it by swimming and resting. However, since recovering so much stamina takes some time, and other NPC's will be taking away hint maps which you would otherwise discover for yourself during playing, it's still recommended to put few points into Swimming each level-up and not to overdo too much with resting.

As for class changing, it can make your character quite strong, just like in the quote you posted. However there's a negative side to it, too - special effects on weapons (like Poison, Paralyze, K.O. etc.) and spells hit opponents and are resisted by your party on the your level < - > opponent level difference. Your character resistances and number of swings + attacks per round only rise with your character level. So with extensive class changing, you will have a pretty low class level halfway into the game, and thus opponents will have it easy to hit you and roast you with fireballs, while you will have hard time to get any spell to work on them.
A little but of class changing is helpful early in the game, but after like 2-3 class switches I wouldn't recommend it anymore. Better to stay with one class after that. Unless you enjoy grinding, looking all the time for random battles to gain experience points. Which will be very tedious and boring.
Old 16-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #318
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
New City is a kind of starter-intermediate area and there are mostly much weaker encounters, but you started in Ukpyr, which (just like areas around Rattkin Ruins, Nyctalinth, Dane Tower etc.) counts as advanced area with stronger encounters. So when you'll be getting close to New City, the encounters actually will be getting less difficult.

Increase Swimming just to 10 points, from there on you can practice it by swimming and resting. However, since recovering so much stamina takes some time, and other NPC's will be taking away hint maps which you would otherwise discover for yourself during playing, it's still recommended to put few points into Swimming each level-up and not to overdo too much with resting.

As for class changing, it can make your character quite strong, just like in the quote you posted. However there's a negative side to it, too - special effects on weapons (like Poison, Paralyze, K.O. etc.) and spells hit opponents and are resisted by your party on the your level < - > opponent level difference. Your character resistances and number of swings + attacks per round only rise with your character level. So with extensive class changing, you will have a pretty low class level halfway into the game, and thus opponents will have it easy to hit you and roast you with fireballs, while you will have hard time to get any spell to work on them.
A little but of class changing is helpful early in the game, but after like 2-3 class switches I wouldn't recommend it anymore. Better to stay with one class after that. Unless you enjoy grinding, looking all the time for random battles to gain experience points. Which will be very tedious and boring.
Спасибо!(TY).
Still in Ukpyr. I am not hurrying now.
Was enlisted. Have to be trained how to load musket.
Very funny are the pistols of these Umpati, ha ha ha.
Ich glaube that these 6 circles above my team pics operate as these in W6.
I need some Magic fountains because i am lazy.

One Q but this is ritual only:
Is the final boss stronger that Bela Dragon?
Are possible more that one variant of the game end, reflecting on my future transfer to W 8?

Very soon i will provide pics of all my team.
Surprise....!
Anyway advancing...
And this is abs. new atmosphere for humble brave.

Hmmm... to be fair i am surprised that the game is not so terrible hard. Ja, Ja. I expected that every opps will be as Bela or much harder. I think that this fact does not depend on Diff.

Master, i drop down an object but after i was unable to find it?? Wrong?

Pls. do not think that because i do not antwort Yr directions i not follow it. Nein. I strictly follow all of them..
Old 16-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #319
Scatty
Treasure hunter

The final boss should be quite easy, with the levels, spells and skills your character will reach by then. In fact the only challenge for you, at the time when you'll be in that stage in the game, would be the Gorrors in Hall of the Dead, especially 2 of them. And a Godzylli (or two on Expert difficulty) who's in a way even stronger than the Gorrors, if you manage to find the entrance to the Greater Wilds. Possibly even hordes of them, and tons of experience if you manage to kill them. But I won't spoil too much there, just see for yourself, that makes the fun of it.

In Wizardry VII there are also multiple endings, 4 in number, 3 of them being the actually transferable endings. And you can transfer your party anytime from Wiz7 into Wiz8 without reaching an ending, which doesn't have a lot of impact on the transfer (skills and stats will follow the same transfer rule as with endings), only the starting in Wizardry 8 will differ slightly.
Just have to keep transferable items in mind, where you can't transfer really powerful ones anymore, unlike from Wizardry 6 to 7. Diamond Ring(s) can still be transferred in many numbers, just nerfed a bit in Wiz8 but still very useful at the beginning.

If you dropped an object somewhere, just return to that spot and it should be there. Unless you camp for 8 hours or more, then it has a chance to disappear. Critical quest items can disappear too, so be sure not to drop them accidentally if you still need them. Otherwise your game progress can become screwed without a savegame editor.
Old 18-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #320
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
The final boss should be quite easy, with the levels, spells and skills your character will reach by then. In fact the only challenge for you, at the time when you'll be in that stage in the game, would be the Gorrors in Hall of the Dead, especially 2 of them. And a Godzylli (or two on Expert difficulty) who's in a way even stronger than the Gorrors, if you manage to find the entrance to the Greater Wilds. Possibly even hordes of them, and tons of experience if you manage to kill them. But I won't spoil too much there, just see for yourself, that makes the fun of it.

In Wizardry VII there are also multiple endings, 4 in number, 3 of them being the actually transferable endings. And you can transfer your party anytime from Wiz7 into Wiz8 without reaching an ending, which doesn't have a lot of impact on the transfer (skills and stats will follow the same transfer rule as with endings), only the starting in Wizardry 8 will differ slightly.
Just have to keep transferable items in mind, where you can't transfer really powerful ones anymore, unlike from Wizardry 6 to 7. Diamond Ring(s) can still be transferred in many numbers, just nerfed a bit in Wiz8 but still very useful at the beginning.

If you dropped an object somewhere, just return to that spot and it should be there. Unless you camp for 8 hours or more, then it has a chance to disappear. Critical quest items can disappear too, so be sure not to drop them accidentally if you still need them. Otherwise your game progress can become screwed without a savegame editor.
Ah, sorry, i am feeling tired..
Maybe this is usual spring tiredness maybe my reader Kindle is nice but i did not started W 7 20 hours..