Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #301
Scatty
Treasure hunter

As a side note - I always wanted that PSI ROD weapon that T'Rang Assassins used in battles (just a monster attack name actually), but was disappointed to find out it never dropped as an item.
So I created a PSI ROD as a droppable item, from higher rank T'Rangs, with Cosmic Forge Editor, sticking close to the parameters of the T'Rang monster attack with the same name, and modified it to be dropped (very rarely) from strongest T'Rangs like T'Rang Assassins, Elders and Shritis T'Rang NPC.

It's relatively easy to do with that editor, but if anyone would like the modified files for it anyway, to be placed in the game folder, just PM me and I'll send them.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 13-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #302
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hello, mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
As a side note - I always wanted that PSI ROD weapon that T'Rang Assassins used in battles (just a monster attack name actually), but was disappointed to find out it never dropped as an item.
So I created a PSI ROD as a droppable item, from higher rank T'Rangs, with Cosmic Forge Editor, sticking close to the parameters of the T'Rang monster attack with the same name, and modified it to be dropped (very rarely) from strongest T'Rangs like T'Rang Assassins, Elders and Shritis T'Rang NPC.

It's relatively easy to do with that editor, but if anyone would like the modified files for it anyway, to be placed in the game folder, just PM me and I'll send them.
Hi, all,
I just passed W 6 in its 2 variants:
Combat
Piece

I prepared for transfer of my team chars from 6 to 7.
I am using W 7 cracked version of Oldgames site. Version 1.2

First problems:
The first beginning of the game is terrible slow. MSdox v. 7.4.
Especially the opening of the green book.
I try to increase CPU speed with Ctrl+F12, but it up from 100 to 105% and no visible increase. My PC is relatively fast and has 6 from 7.9 index value.

Sadly, no my team appeared when the game started.
The game dir is c:/>Dsavant/ . The file is DJ2. Have i transfer my savegame.dbs file from W 6 in W 7' dir - C:>dsavant/ ?

Being absolute novice i will be glad of every advise.

Thanks a lot from

yoga

Do not hesitate to ask me any question.
I know that this game is not easy, harder than W6 and i am ready for the future days.
Old 13-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #303
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Copy the end savegame file from the Wiz6 folder to the Wizardry VII folder and then load the savegame with exactly this name (click in the savegame loading dialog and type its name when loading instead of the default one), after starting Wizardry 7, to transfer it and begin with your heroes the new game.

How high are your CPU cycles, shown in DosBox window title? Around 10.000 - 14.000 are enough for the game to be fast and playable. Try setting them in the dosbox.conf file (Start - DosBox folder - Edit configuration).
Old 14-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #304
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Copy the end savegame file from the Wiz6 folder to the Wizardry VII folder and then load the savegame with exactly this name (click in the savegame loading dialog and type its name when loading instead of the default one), after starting Wizardry 7, to transfer it and begin with your heroes the new game.

How high are your CPU cycles, shown in DosBox window title? Around 10.000 - 14.000 are enough for the game to be fast and playable. Try setting them in the dosbox.conf file (Start - DosBox folder - Edit configuration).

Dear Master,
i duly followed Yr instructions conc. transfer of savegame from 6 to 7.
Sadly, i see on the screen ..Loading... and Nothing more.
I wait minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes...nothing.
This is some twisted version of Oldgames site, where the DosBox is incorporated in some .Bat file and ..sadly i forget what dos command may open the Bat file to read its content..
This version does not allow me to see the real CPU cycles, but this is no so important for me..
(I opened the dosbox.conf file.)

Hmm..i will do some more attempts to solve transfer problem. But if they are unsuccessful i will start the game as Kmonster and provably You did - without any advances due to Diamond rings etc..

brave no need any privileges Y'now
Old 14-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #305
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well I would link you to an Utimate Wizardry Archives version of Wizardry VII, but unfortunately Abandoneer (where the game could be downloaded) went offline, and I'm not sure if the version on Abandonia wasn't modified with Cosmic Forge Editor, in which case some of it's aspects are easier than intended originally. I could send you my Wizardry VII RAR archive which I downloaded from Abandoneer earlier, though.
Maybe the problem is with Windows 7 and that administratory access thing (not much knowledge there since I'm only using the old Windows XP). Remember when you had troubles to load the savegame in Wiz6 until you solved the problem?
Old 14-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #306
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Red face

Quote:
Well I would link you to an Utimate Wizardry Archives version of Wizardry VII, but unfortunately Abandoneer (where the game could be downloaded) went offline, and I'm not sure if the version on Abandonia wasn't modified with Cosmic Forge Editor, in which case some of it's aspects are easier than intended originally. I could send you my Wizardry VII RAR archive which I downloaded from Abandoneer earlier, though.
Maybe the problem is with Windows 7 and that administratory access thing (not much knowledge there since I'm only using the old Windows XP). Remember when you had troubles to load the savegame in Wiz6 until you solved the problem?

Hurray! Once again!Noch ein Mal!

I did. Yes.
How? I entered the Dos prompt:
C:>dir savegame.dbs s/ Enter and find all dbs files.
Then i replaced these files with my last savegame file from 6 and after short jorney with Bela i was before some city of Glory where big strange creature sent me as New recruit with password Victory.
All my team is here. Sadly the face images of KMONSTR MAGE AND PACO MONK are identical. I tried to change but W 7 did not have new images.
Pls to be excused, not my fail..

So, mighty brave is on the road again!!

Dear Master, Thank You for Your kindness.

Ну, Володя, ни пуха, ни пера!
(All the best, brave!)
Old 14-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #307
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Err, you did what? You replaced all DBS files with your savegame(s) from Wizardry 6?
Then you deleted essential files of Wizardry 7, no wonder you don't see correct portraits anymore. DBS files are not only savegame(s) in Wiz7 but also system files the game requires. You should re-install the game again, and replace only the savegame.dbs file with your save from Wiz6.

After that, if you still see incorrect portraits, while in the inventory, click on the yellow bar with name of a character below his/her portrait and click on picture.
Old 14-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #308
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Err, you did what? You replaced all DBS files with your savegame(s) from Wizardry 6?
Then you deleted essential files of Wizardry 7, no wonder you don't see correct portraits anymore. DBS files are not only savegame(s) in Wiz7 but also system files the game requires. You should re-install the game again, and replace only the savegame.dbs file with your save from Wiz6.

After that, if you still see incorrect portraits, while in the inventory, click on the yellow bar with name of a character below his/her portrait and click on picture.
Yes, yes,
Master, i replaced only Savegame.dbs. I am no so stupid.. ha ha ha

Pls see the pics attached.

Have i to increase same Skills as in W6?
I duno how to trade between my commandos.
Pls see about equipment? Ist das richtig?
Q: When i meet 2 opponents and want to:
Concentrate 5 members on N 1 and only Capo Bard to hit N 2 with Lute, how to understand when Capo beats N1, when- N2?
Am i clear en.?

Merci.

Map Kit?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCATTY NINJA.png
Views:	174
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1761  Click image for larger version

Name:	BRAVE VALK.png
Views:	168
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1762  Click image for larger version

Name:	TWILL PRIEST.png
Views:	152
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1763  Click image for larger version

Name:	CAPO BARD.png
Views:	146
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1764  Click image for larger version

Name:	KMONSTR MAGE.png
Views:	164
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1765  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PACO MONK.png
Views:	167
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1766  
Old 14-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #309
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

About equipment:
Scatty the ninja has no extra special item transferred from W6 (diamond ring always transfers)
Brave the Valkyrie has transferred silver gloves, poor choice. Mantis gloves are better and a good weapon like Maenad's Lance (or Avenger or maybe Blade Cuisinart) instead would make a big difference
Twill the priest has transferred the Robes of Enchant which is ok although the holy basher would help more in the beginning but if you want to switch him to Lord later you won't won't need it any more.
Paco the monk has transferred the Hayai Bo weapon which is good for ranged combat but hiding and backstabbing with Hand&Feet will help more on the long run.
Capo the bard has transferred a displacer cloak which is useful.
Kmonstr the mage has no useful special item transferred (Rods of Sprites is always transferred and the crystal wand is useless)

About skills:

Raising the casting skill to 100 should be the no 1 priority for all characters.
As physical skill everyone should get 10 in swimming fast so you can enter a water square to train the skill further without drowning.
One character (bard or ninja) needs skullduggery for opening chests and doors and having a scout won't hurt.

Train hiding and backstabbing with your monk and ninja.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 15-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #310
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
About equipment:
Scatty the ninja has no extra special item transferred from W6 (diamond ring always transfers)
Brave the Valkyrie has transferred silver gloves, poor choice. Mantis gloves are better and a good weapon like Maenad's Lance (or Avenger or maybe Blade Cuisinart) instead would make a big difference
Twill the priest has transferred the Robes of Enchant which is ok although the holy basher would help more in the beginning but if you want to switch him to Lord later you won't won't need it any more.
Paco the monk has transferred the Hayai Bo weapon which is good for ranged combat but hiding and backstabbing with Hand&Feet will help more on the long run.
Capo the bard has transferred a displacer cloak which is useful.
Kmonstr the mage has no useful special item transferred (Rods of Sprites is always transferred and the crystal wand is useless)

About skills:

Raising the casting skill to 100 should be the no 1 priority for all characters.
As physical skill everyone should get 10 in swimming fast so you can enter a water square to train the skill further without drowning.
One character (bard or ninja) needs skullduggery for opening chests and doors and having a scout won't hurt.

Train hiding and backstabbing with your monk and ninja.

I may return to W6 and fulfill the requirements for the best equipment but i do not want to feel again the terror of transfer.
Gladly, You both do not know how terrible is this twisted variant of W7. And how difficult is to make it operative!
So, i accept to continue without any more improvements of my condition.
Anyway, i hope i have some small advances now, even i do not need any.

..Still i learn this new enviroment which is different from endless corridors of W6 (strange, i like them more than this game images).
This is absolutely new enviroment for brave.

Please, do not blame me for my fails and mistakes.
As usual i do my best and more to enter this nice hard game.
Grazie!