Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Tell us more about the game... is it turn based or real-time? I suppose it is real time if you shoot enemies. What was dynamite for? Do you remember anything from the title screen?

Nice pic, though
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

It is probably some kind of clone similar to Chips Challenge.

I also seem to remember a very, very old game which worked in DOS way before Chips Challenge... The "hero" used the "man" character (which in modern fonts look like this:☺ ; but back then it looked exactly like a Dwarf Fortress dwarf without the beard) and I don't really remember what the game was about.

But that game was probably dated so far back that we could not add it anywhere else than in the now deceased crypt section of this site. I think I used to make it run either in Basica or as a standalone program on my old 286...
Old 10-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
indigesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Tell us more about the game... is it turn based or real-time? I suppose it is real time if you shoot enemies. What was dynamite for? Do you remember anything from the title screen?

Nice pic, though
thanks marko!
isn't a turn based game supposed to be a multiplayer game? i'm sorry but i'm very, very ignorant about videogames terminology!
you could pick dynamite up and then place it wherever you wanted, so that if a enemy got sufficiently near he would be killed. dynamite killed enemies in a small square around where it was placed.

Eagle, i don't think my game is so old.. the gaming structure and the graphics seemed to be a little more recent than in chip challenge, but of course i could be wrong: in the same compilation i had qix, which i think is from 1986...

i could easily find and run that game if i could find that compilation, but of course they are the only 2 cds missing from the box with my oooooold cds! grrrr!
indigesta is offline                         Send a private message to indigesta
Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Meanwhile.... tel us more about your ooooold CDs could be lot of interesting stuff there
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 10-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
indigesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Meanwhile.... tel us more about your ooooold CDs could be lot of interesting stuff there
they were very interesting indeed! and i think some of the games inside are quite rare and hard to find now.
they were 2 light brown discs, with light brown covers. i seem to remember that the installation menu structure was similar to the Twilights' one, if you ever had one of them:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/93685003.jpg/

with screenshots from the various games appearing when you scrolled down the menu.

i can remember very few titles from the cds, here you are:
tomb raider 3 DEMO
daisy garden 2
jill's adventure
quake (cant' remember which one)
qix
vinyl goddes from mars
giblert: a worm's adventure
pharaoh's ascent
sword (maybe)
warkanoid
and loooads of fishing and hunting simulations, as well as mahjong

unfortunately since i bought them in italy i don't know how much this can help!
indigesta is offline                         Send a private message to indigesta
Old 10-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #16
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigesta View Post
with screenshots from the various games appearing when you scrolled down the menu.

tomb raider 3 DEMO
daisy garden 2
jill's adventure
qix
vinyl goddes from mars
pharaoh's ascent
sword (maybe)
warkanoid

Go and post about all of these, with the exception of the Tomb Raider 3 demo and Quake, in the Offers section of the forums. We'll be able to sort out everything there!

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 10-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #17
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigesta View Post
they were very interesting indeed! and i think some of the games inside are quite rare and hard to find now.
they were 2 light brown discs, with light brown covers. i seem to remember that the installation menu structure was similar to the Twilights' one, if you ever had one of them:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/93685003.jpg/

tomb raider 3 DEMO
daisy garden 2
jill's adventure
qix
vinyl goddes from mars
pharaoh's ascent
sword (maybe)
warkanoid

So you dont remember the name of the compilation ? That will make the research much easier.

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 11-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
indigesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
So you dont remember the name of the compilation ? That will make the research much easier.
unfortunately not. i seemed to remember that it was "Twilight", but it seems that i was wrong!

sorry expack, i didn't understand well, what should i write in the offers section? it's not very clear to me what's the aim of that section

anyway i thank you all, you made me feel very welcome here and i'm happy you are trying to help me!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #19
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

indigesta, there is some misunderstanding. When you said about "Warcanoid, etc." Expack2 (just as me in first iteration) taken it as you have this games in hand, not missing it.

Anyway, marco river, Expack2 and now me very interested in your old CDs. So please, list what you have?

I, personally, especially interested in warez and any other game compilations, if you have it. There are often only place where obscure titles survived through ages.

Also, if you could remember anything about name of your game, I can search thru DOS-collection and my unsorted archives.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 11-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
indigesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
indigesta, there is some misunderstanding. When you said about "Warcanoid, etc." Expack2 (just as me in first iteration) taken it as you have this games in hand, not missing it.

Anyway, marco river, Expack2 and now me very interested in your old CDs. So please, list what you have?

I, personally, especially interested in warez and any other game compilations, if you have it. There are often only place where obscure titles survived through ages.

Also, if you could remember anything about name of your game, I can search thru DOS-collection and my unsorted archives.
indeed there IS some misunderstanding, as i wrote they are only the titles i can remember from that compilation, if i had them in hand, i would also have the game i'm looking for it was one of the few game cds i had, the other were games for little kids, and i downloaded many from the internet

anyway i'm starting to think that the game had veeery little diffusion, as no one seems to recognize it and i haven't found it anywere