Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Default Need RPG with Over the Shoulder Camera Recommendation

Hi RPG expert guys and gals, lately I am slightly bored (hopefully not for long though) with either Third Person Isometric and/or First Person view in RPG, so I am looking for RPG with a different view: Over the Shoulder camera. Prime examples of games with Over the Shoulder view that I like are Tomb Raider series, Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast, Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Fallen, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, etc. Except that they are all Action Adventure games, not RPG. I am specifically looking for RPG with this view.

Good and evil alignment as well as possibility to change the outcome or alter the course of the game or have different endings (for example a la Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series) are definitely a plus but not mandatory.

Options to switch from Over the Shoulder view to First Person view (for example a la Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines) is not necessary.

Real-time combat with pause option is preferred. However, normal real-time combat or even turn-based combat is alright.

Non typical fantasy medieval setting, for example futuristic/sci-fi, steampunk, post-apocalyptic, is also nice, but again is not a requirement.

Preferably not a game that requires lots of RAM and video memory as my laptop currently only has 512MB RAM and 128MB video memory. Therefore newer games like Drakensang: The Dark Eye, The Witcher, Mass Effect, Shadowrun, etc., regardless of whether they employ Over the Shoulder view or not, are sadly out of my league for now. I am saving to buy a better gaming laptop, but I am afraid that has to wait at least for another year or so

Sorry for all those restricting condition, but if you RPG experts have any recommendation anyway, I'd love to hear it from you. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The VGA RAM is actually 256MB, not 128MB.

Last edited by rabadi; 11-01-2010 at 12:52 AM.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi