Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-03-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
geelsu

Default geelsu - Legions

Would you be interested in a game called Legions? I have been able to run it successfully until Windows 7. I'll be installing the Windows XP Emulator soon so I can continue to play it from time to time. Attached is the Credits.jpg file and a zip of the Help File from the game. The total size of the directory where I have it is 16.5 MB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CREDITS.jpg (82.5 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LEGIONS.zip (81.2 KB, 0 views)
geelsu is offline                         Send a private message to geelsu
Old 10-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I created new topic for your offer. The game is approved, there is installer already uploaded, but we will accept your archive that is ready to play (on XP at least). PM coming...

Can you make several screenshots and one title screenshot? Do you have anything else beside archive? Perhaps you have it on CD, have a manual or something...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 12-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #3
geelsu

I do have the manual. I can scan it in for you if you like. Getting the screenshots will be a challenge. Unfortunately the XP emulator will not run on my Windows 7 Home edition. I am going to check around with a few friends and see if I can find an XP DVD. I hear it can also run in VMware Player.

How do I upload a game?
Old 12-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
geelsu

Nevermind. I found your message.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:15 AM   #5
geelsu

Ok. Uploaded. Give a day or two scan in the manual and I will then upload that.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Excellent, thx

And if by any chance you feel like typing few words to describe the game, let yourself go
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-03-2014, 02:02 AM   #7
geelsu

The manual has been uploaded and is 48 megs. WOW! I made it by scanning the pages as jpg files and then put them in a Word document with a Table of Contents. If it is to large let me know and I will try and reduce it.
Old 14-03-2014, 02:18 AM   #8
geelsu

About the game:

Before before Age of Empires, before Zeus, Poseidon, and Pharoah, and many others there was Legions, a contempory of early Caesar and Civilizations games. Appearing in 1994, it was perhaps my first city/empire building game. It is gaming at its simpliest yet requires a good bit of strategy and planning to "Conquer the World" as the game proclaims once you have defeated all the other empires. You begin simply, with one empire (a capital and a few surrounding cities). From there you conquer a neighboring empire and reap the wealth. You begin to build armies, and as your wealth grows you are able to train and establish more advanced troops all the way to heavy calvary. Especially fun is the game generated random maps which, sometimes, creates island continents. Then you are able to build heavy warships and heavy transports to convey your heavy calvary and generals to a neighboring island continent and continue on your conquest to take over the world. Diplomacy is key often as you and another empire create alliances, though they are often short lived as your allie quickly decides he wants your goods. Download and enjoy. If you have any questions or want some tips on play, just let me know via the forum.
Old 14-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, manual is a big one. We will keep it if no better solution is found. However, I think creating pdf from pictures would be better solution. You can probably google something that will allow you something like this.

Thx for contributions and review
Old 15-03-2014, 03:20 AM   #10
geelsu

How about 11 megs. Went to landscape and then put two manual pages per Word page and reduced each image size to 66%. Word then had a Save As pdf option.