Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 22-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
jerimi

I have tried to be patient,but now I'm all run out on patiente and this game ticks me off.
I only come into the first screen saying welcome and then its like nails on the blackboard sound coming and you might know that annoying sound eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and then the whole thing freezes on me,any clues what to do?
Playing it in dos box no luck,but vdm thats where i get in and the baaad sound starts, help me i am losing it,drible drible :ranting: :bleh: issed:
jerimi is offline                         Send a private message to jerimi
Old 22-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #3
holly

having same problem my screen freezes too very agravating. help

Old 22-02-2005, 02:45 PM   #4
panther_512

I have the same problem.

I tweaked DosBox as much as I could but it cannot play. It loads the game just for a sec and then DosBox closes. Also with VDM the same happens as with the others.

The screen freezes and an annoying sound plays all the time, just after an alien welcomes me in the very beginning of the game.

panther_512 is offline                         Send a private message to panther_512
Old 22-02-2005, 02:57 PM   #5
Guest_jerimi

They have to fix this or I will beat up my machine,I WANT to play this game, I know I behave like a spoiled brat, but I WANT :box:

Old 22-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #6
holly
Smile

i agree i wnat to play this game too fix problem.

Old 22-02-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

oppps
Sorry for this inconvenience.It will be dealt with swiftly, i assure you.In the meantime please enjoy other great classics.There are many to choose from

Best regards k:
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 23-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #8
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

VDMSound would have that annoying screeching sound... That's because you actually get the PC speaker sound. That one is :not_ok:
But I have no idea what could be wrong with DOSBox. When I run this game it worked like a charm (no changes, no setups - just run in and enjoy).

So maybe I have a different DOSBox version.
I use DOSBox 6.3
And I've turned of the GUS, so I only use the SB.
There's a line GUS=TRUE and I changed it to GUS=FALSE.

Try it. Works for me (although I didn't even realise that it doesn't work by just running it in DOSBox).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 24-02-2005, 02:22 AM   #9

Oddly enough, that annoying eeeeeeeeeeee sound is actually supposed to sound just like that. It's a mock of the static between communication devices.
Mine worked fine in a several month old download of DOSbox, though, completely untweaked.
That aside, I used to love this game but always had problems getting it to work. It's actually the reason I starting hanging around abandonware sites.

Old 24-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #10
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I had the same problem when first trying out VDMSound. Then I tryied DOSBox 0.63 and not only the game ran faster and smooter at only 3000 cycles (my default) but the sound bug wasn't present. I think the "bug" occur when Hal9000 begin to talk at the beginning of the mission.

This game in itself is fine but it took me 3 complete missions to realise that I had to fill a warrant myself before trying to arrest the suspect... A nice learning game but it really get repetitive after a short while. That's why I would rate it at 3 instead of 4.