Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #31
KrazeeXXL
BORG

I understand both sides here. For one, I really like the daily news updates whether it's big or minor news. It simply shows that this community is active, thriving and alive.

For some ppl the boxshots are important, for some not... same for reviews. you can't satisfy anyone.

But you can't have big news each and every day... perhaps the boxshots shouldn't be published as they were big news? Or mark these news somehow so that ppl know it's about a boxshot or something else.

So at least, you could and should (be able to) differ between news you're interested in and news you aren't. (same like r-l-news -> you read what you're interested in)

that's the only solution I have for this "problem". better then some ppl not reading the news at all. that'd be sad... because I like the style of how some ppl write them.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL
Old 10-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #32
Alexis78
Forum hobbit

Maybe a solution is do if you click on "the latest news" then you can choose from a menu, that displays lastest news in boxes, then below, latest news in manuals, lastest news in new games adittions, latest news in maps, latest news in reviews, and so on.

But then you quickly comes to realize that your "latest news" favorite section is mostly out of news because nobody do anything in that section (uploading games or reviews?).

And then we are again in the starting grid (thatīs complaining again about that I donīt like the latest news).

So, itīs not Abandonia problem, itīs a matter of the uploaders/reviewers, who they donīt works for pleasure enought times for you to enjoy the latest news.

And I am with you that the best news are about new games and reviews, of course (and the forum, and the boxes and the manual,...)
Alexis78 is offline                         Send a private message to Alexis78
Old 10-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #33
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I think there should be a more agressive "recruiting program" or adds or stuff mentioning that this site needs more reviewers.

On a side note, it would be more nice to watch the boxshots if the ads wouldnt get in the way.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #34
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

„Im Grunde geht es dabei um die Konservierung“, sagt Kosta.

[Basically it is about the preservation.]

(c) ZEIT.de, 10.05.2005
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano