Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
person on extremes

Default Rules

For the forum rules, on forum conduct #2 I saw about warez. I've just realized I have no idea what that is.What is it? And when it says "All rules concerning the forums apply in full to Chatbox", does this mean that I can only ask this question in chatbox or does it mean It definately applies for chatbox. And why do you have a PM feature anyway? And is this in the right topic?And where can I get a spellchecker in case?And sorry for all the questions. I am new to this and I would like to stay in this forum and not get banned and I haven't learnt everything about everything yet.Thanks!
person on extremes is offline                         Send a private message to person on extremes
Old 21-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Well Warez is simple, no posting links to another site that host games we have deemd protected, no talking about Pirating in general really. So just don't go linking things that are illegal and you will be fine with that one.

"All rules concerning the forums apply in full to Chatbox" means exactly what it says, if you aren't allowed to do it in the forum you can't do it in our chatbox.

We have a Private Message feature so that people can send Private Messages to each other. Sometimes you need to talk to someone that you know about something you don't want everyone to see. It is not for sending people you don't know random message or to be abusive though. Forum rules apply to PMs too.

I have no idea if this is the right topic, if the topic you wanted to ask about was rules for the site then yes it is. If the topic you were looking for is why your computer is grey coloured then it's not.

And if you are looking for a spell checker some Browsers have them built in, others have Spell Checker addons...or just use Word or something like it to check your spelling then copy and paste into the Message box.

Don't worry we tend not to just ban people on a whim, we always have a good reason and you will be pointed to what you are doing wrong long before we ban you.....unless it's real drastic.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 21-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
dosraider
Dismembered.

....And once in a while hit your <enter> key .....

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 21-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
person on extremes

Ok thanks
person on extremes is offline                         Send a private message to person on extremes
Old 21-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by person on extremes View Post
For the forum rules, on forum conduct #2 I saw about warez. I've just realized I have no idea what that is.What is it?
Definition.
Quote:
And when it says "All rules concerning the forums apply in full to Chatbox", does this mean that I can only ask this question in chatbox or does it mean It definately applies for chatbox.
It means every forum rule has to be followed in the chatbox.
Quote:
And why do you have a PM feature anyway?
It came with the forum software.
Quote:
And is this in the right topic?
Yes.
Quote:
And where can I get a spellchecker in case?
Any text editor program? I do believe some browsers have built-in spellchecking too.
Quote:
And sorry for all the questions. I am new to this and I would like to stay in this forum and not get banned and I haven't learnt everything about everything yet.Thanks!
Don't worry, we only ever ban people who continue to go against the rules after being told to stop (and typically more than once).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
person on extremes

wow. good sorting through my question and answering all my questions.thanks

edit-
I just realised that chatbox is the posting system at the bottom, not one of those topics.huh LOL

Last edited by person on extremes; 22-12-2010 at 01:38 AM.