Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone > Mêlée Island
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #11
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

noo way, zergs own with their airforce! ..well except for when there come valkyries (but thats only anti air)
Old 12-03-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Mar 11 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]282924[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
noo way, zergs own with their airforce! ..well except for when there come valkyries (but thats only anti air)
[/b]
And you don't get Mutalisks until later.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #13
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i think if you go mass air, it can go pretty fast. i have seen some nice rushes with that
Old 12-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Terran, I believe. Was only the second time I ever attempted playing.[/b]
Happened to me too. Then I learned that Marine Roller tactic.

Basically speaking, it's focus is on building massive hordes of Marines as fast as possible. Other buildings are mostly only to get Level 2 & 3 upgrades for weapons and armor, and Science Facility to get mobile detectors. Works wonders, unless the enemy has something for killing mass infantry. (eg: Lurkers, Siege Mode Tanks, Reavers).

Think I still have a few replays of it on my HD. Once I used it in a multi game with some French gamers, and none of them really figured out a way to stop it until it was far too late. By the end, there was about a hundred or more of my Marines rampaging around the map, with Barracks constantly churning out replacements.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 13 2007, 01:40 AM) [snapback]283209[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Terran, I believe. Was only the second time I ever attempted playing.[/b]
Happened to me too. Then I learned that Marine Roller tactic.

Basically speaking, it's focus is on building massive hordes of Marines as fast as possible. Other buildings are mostly only to get Level 2 & 3 upgrades for weapons and armor, and Science Facility to get mobile detectors. Works wonders, unless the enemy has something for killing mass infantry. (eg: Lurkers, Siege Mode Tanks, Reavers).

Think I still have a few replays of it on my HD. Once I used it in a multi game with some French gamers, and none of them really figured out a way to stop it until it was far too late. By the end, there was about a hundred or more of my Marines rampaging around the map, with Barracks constantly churning out replacements.
[/b]
M&M plz (marine and medic)
Just mass that and you'll have uber rush.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #16
FoGeL

Hi! i play in a Clan on Euro Server. So, if anyone want's to play post here or send me a message
FoGeL is offline                         Send a private message to FoGeL
Old 23-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

so there was this discussion in shoutbox. anybody who has starcraft, me, data and the_fifth_horseman would like to have a match sometimes

so feel free to post and join \o/

ps: i would prefer to play on hamachi rather than on BN for um for this very rare disease called 'battleneto-phobia' and if i accidentaly logged on to battle net, i could get a umm heart attack or so, yeah. and in better case, whole my body would get covered by red pimples which lure various insects like mosquitos and bees, WHICH would put a little larvas in to my body, then get in to my blood and it could happen that i would change in to an insect like in a "change" from franz kafka. Yes, thats it. now you know how did the guy from the book change in to the huge fly. he logged on to battle net and had this rare disease.. how sad. so i d like to keep my current form and rather play on hamachi. thank you guys
Old 23-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I can't use Hamachi on this machine, but can connect to BN (yay for having bought this game legally).
Got both SC and BW, though I prefer matches in SC rather than BW.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman