Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Invalid Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
ultimaIX
Forum hobbit

Wink joke

heh, don't worry dos - i wasn't offended by a link to an informative site... i was annoyed w/ pigggy's post. just saying "do you understand roman numerals?" was not constructive, and obviously written to be condescending. i actually did check the link out to refresh my memory on the larger roman numerals (which i always seem to forget ).
ultimaIX is offline                         Send a private message to ultimaIX
Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

what's the point in being constructive in yes/no answers? you asked he answered=P
Old 10-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #13
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

First of all, you posted in your OP that you'd "like to finish the series". Then I posted that I've uploaded UIV and am reviewing it because I didn't want you to waste your time.

Then you asked a question that completely befuddled me because you asked if I was doing Ultima III or IV, I assumed that you didn't know to count numerals for two reasons.

1. I posted Ultima IV in my post, IV = 4, you asked if I was doing III, I posted IV in my post, so what the hey.

2. Ultima IX? Hahahaha.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #14
ultimaIX
Forum hobbit

Default ultima IX

@Blood-Pigggy:
yes, i know the game ultima 9 sucked. i agree totally. i've used ultima 9 as a user name waaaay before ultima 9 came out; before ultima 7 came out actually, in anticipation of the finale of a great trilogy of trilogies. what a letdown. i still kept the name tho, and use it today. it's always been my alias, since the days of the UDIC before it was the UDIC (when it was on prodigy) and i plan on continuing to use it to honor the best video game series of all time. (imo) i suppose i could make fun of your name, but i can't see the point in insulting someone's user name on a forum.

@_r.u.s.s.:
he didn't answer my yes/no question with a constructive answer, or even an answer; he answered it w/ a condescending question.

perhaps i'm being overly sensitive about this :notrust: and i know that i'm a new poster here on the site (even though i've been coming here for years). however i don't see the point in being blatantly derogatory to someone who is trying to provide a service to the good people of abandonia and the software writers of the "good old days" by keeping their fantastic work alive today. i asked a question - simply to clarify a previous post - plain and simple.

i'm done w/ this argument - pigggy, you do ultima 4, i'll do ultima 3 (or should i say ultima IV and ultima III :evil. take pleasure in knowing you get to do one of the best in the series and i'll do my best to give exodus the credit it is due.

-uIX
ultimaIX is offline                         Send a private message to ultimaIX
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #15
dosraider
Dismembered.

What a nuthouse!
:nuts:

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

ultima i suggest taking a cool shower and/or start smoking

why do you take stuff so seriously?

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 10-09-2008 at 06:29 PM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #17
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
What a nuthouse!
:nuts:
Yeah, a locked one.
Old 19-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #18
BostonGeorge
Game freak

Just for my info: Is there still a need for Ultima III Exodus on AB since GOG offers it also? I really would like to see it here. It is one of my all-time favorite and I got on eBay last year (really not cheap, but the complete and very first version for the Apple II ).

I could offer screenshots, boxshots and maybe a review. The 'maybe' is due to the fact that I am drowning in work at the moment.

What do you think?
Old 22-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #19
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Regardless of the status of the game, we always want boxshots. Always always. Screenshots and maybe review are also welcome. Even if the game is not for download, you'll do it justice since some other people may see your recommendation and decide to try it. Will they get it from GOG or AB is less important.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 22-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #20
BostonGeorge
Game freak

OK, "always always" is a very clear statement
I try my best to make it happen and let you know when I'm done.