Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #11
rlbell
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheGiantMidgit @ Jun 21 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]238587[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rlbell @ Jun 21 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]238464[/snapback]
Quote:
My current goal is to become the most educated forklift driver in Calgary.
[/b]
Whoo, good luck man. ...but watch out, don't underestimate the Calgary education system. Some of those boys have their cerebrums in order.
[/b][/quote]

I want to apologise to any any forklift driver who took this message to imply that forklift drivers, especially those in Calgary, are not educated. It was not meant in disrespect. It is just that I have the very unusual combination of a forklift ticket and a university education in a hard science field (Mathematics and Computer Science). I happen to enjoy driving forklifts and there is a demand for forklift drivers in Calgary. So long as I work at the same location, I would love to only be the second most educated forklift driver in Calgary.

Currently, I am still on the way to Calgary. My flight is tomorrow morning, and I am staying overnight at my Mom's house, as she lives in the same city as the airport.

My forklift horror story was ramming the load rest into a light fixture. As the sound of the polycarbonate fixture shield breaking up sounded liked splintering wood, I very carefully did it again, while looking in the wrong direction-- while the shift supervisor was watching. I have since paid very scrupulous attention to potential loadrest/cieling interference.

The most frightening forklift incident was watching someone else ignore safety rules and spin out. the idiot came within 3 meters of seriously injuring or killing me. He has since been told to let someone else do the driving.

I will provide further updates, if anything interesting happens.

rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 21-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #12
Japo
Autonomous human

Good luck man. k:
Old 21-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #13
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

I sadly won't be here to wellcome you back, because my time here is almost up. I have only a little less than two weeks left. But I wish you luck! May you become the best forklift driver in the whole universe k:

Oh, and don't forget to watch this INDUSTRIAL SAFETY VIDEO about the hazards of your workplace k:

Live long and prosper!

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 22-06-2006, 02:54 AM   #14
rlbell
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jun 21 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]238608[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Oh, and don't forget to watch this INDUSTRIAL SAFETY VIDEO about the hazards of your workplace k:

[/b]
That was a fine example of over-the-top humor. It managed to turn the gory reality of negligence into something fun, albeit in a dark way. It was viscerally explained why you leave the forks as close to the ground as possible.

I was reminded of that segment in an episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus where Sam Peckinpah directs a film of picnickers in the english countryside.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 22-06-2006, 06:53 AM   #15
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Those cheap houses sound pretty damn good though...

'Luck.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 22-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #16
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jun 22 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]238608[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Live long and prosper!
[/b]
Awwww its all in german Hehe Good luck in canada rlbell k:
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 22-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #17
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jun 22 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]238608[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Oh, and don't forget to watch this INDUSTRIAL SAFETY VIDEO about the hazards of your workplace k: [/b]
Awesowe, I can see why you'd want to do that all way, rlbell! Good luck in Calgary!

Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 22-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #18
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reup @ Jun 22 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]238743[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jun 22 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]238608[/snapback]
Quote:
Oh, and don't forget to watch this INDUSTRIAL SAFETY VIDEO about the hazards of your workplace k: [/b]
Awesowe, I can see why you'd want to do that all way, rlbell! Good luck in Calgary!
[/b][/quote]

I agree totally with Reup :w00t:
Old 22-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #19
mabelair
Lurker

Yet another person falling to the clutches of the desperate lack of employees in Calgaria and all of Albertania.

Good luck! Score big off the oil patch while you can.

Marc-André
mabelair is offline                         Send a private message to mabelair
Old 23-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #20
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Good luck and wish see you here againg