Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #781
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

I like rockets, not because I'm thinking of playing the game well, but because I like them.

So far as I know, no. But I'm not the magic expert as most scary people in this thread are.

@SpookyFish: EDIT : That's the spirit, remember to use grenades, especially those alien ones.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 04-04-2005, 07:51 PM   #782
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadlord@Apr 4 2005, 08:48 PM
I like rockets, not because I'm thinking of playing the game well, but because I like them.

So far as I know, no. But I'm not the magic expert as most scary people in this thread are.

@SpookyFish: EDIT : That's the spirit, remember to use grenades, especially those alien ones.
I am quite good in practil site of Ufo. I am just not sure about all stats and what change what when you do that things....
From my experience if you will play Ufo sucessfully without great losses,you will have good stats... :whistle:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-04-2005, 07:51 PM   #783
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard+Apr 4 2005, 07:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lizard @ Apr 4 2005, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dreadlord@Apr 4 2005, 08:44 PM
You could say that yes, but I don't want to start spewing one liners.
I have a phobia of super heroes with bad acting.

Psst, Rockets + Aliens = Dead.
This is longest not-spam thread,that isnt aimed to have 1000,10000 or 100000 posts I have ever seen
Anyway I dont like rockets that much.As alternative weapon,sure...But you need some autofire to backup things.
Btw If I hold RL in one hand, and AC in other,do I have lower accuracy? :blink: [/b][/quote]
Your accuracy with two-handed weapons (I can't think of anything other than the three types of pistols that are one-handed) is reduced 10-15% or so if you are holding something in both hands. Rockets are very bulky, and you don't want to be caught without ammo, otherwise they are okay.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #784
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

That's common sense right there, usually I send one troop out at a time and act sneaky, I'm good enough now to take out entire squads of aliens with just one guy.

I'm sure yer all better than that though.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 04-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #785
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Indeed I once sent an empty Skyranger to a Terror Site and they were so scared of the logo that they buggered off.

Holding two 2-handed weapons only mean 20% off both. If you hold a grenade in one hand and a Rocket Launcher in the other the Rakettenwerfer is going to have 20% less accuracy while the Granate has normal accuracy (100%).
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #786
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Bad translation there? LOL

I usually hold rockets in one hand and grenades in the inventory.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #787
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Apr 4 2005, 09:04 PM
Indeed I once sent an empty Skyranger to a Terror Site and they were so scared of the logo that they buggered off.

Holding two 2-handed weapons only mean 20% off both. If you hold a grenade in one hand and a Rocket Launcher in the other the Rakettenwerfer is going to have 20% less accuracy while the Granate has normal accuracy (100%).
Heh.Aliens try to flight away even with crashed Ufos when I send one of my crafts towars them! :Titan:

No wonder I didnt hit anything.Holly J!!!And that in scenario when I must have as much headshots as possible!
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #788
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

I'll put up a screenshot of a game where I filled the entire geoscope with bases, it's funny.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #789
Spookyfish
Game freak

Yeah, I remember that my brother convinced me that I should always keep a grenade at hand, and prime it before I headed out of the ship. I stopped the priming after one catastrophic terror-site for obvious reasons :whistle:, but I kept a grenade at hand even though I never used them. It became a natural reflex in a way. Then, for once, I got tired of equipping every single soldier with their grenade, so I just sent them out. Then I realized they shot more like US Marines than Al Quida terrorists without the grenade. One big :not_ok: at my brother it is... Boy, thinking of all those dead troops gives me the creeps...

I know it now. My brother is an alien in disguise.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 04-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #790
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

I go up to aliens and shoot rockets in their face while my troop dies, it's funny.

Grenades should be kept IN the inventory then taken out at the appropriate time.