Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > On site
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Miles
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via MSN to Miles Send a message via Yahoo to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles
Default Omega

Manufacturer: Origin Systems Ltd.
Date released: December 31st, 1989
Abandonia Oldwarez Status: Abandoned
Oldwarez status on HOTU: Available for download
Archive file size and source: 225 kilobytes (KB), downloaded from Home of the Underdogs
Tags: Sci-Fi, Futuristic, Cyberpunk, Warfare, Top-down
Amiga Version: Yes, at LemonAmiga
Extras: Manual (in PDF format, 1.28 megabytes (MB), which due to the nature of the game, is a must have). Boxshot and screenshot. The Wayback Machine/Internet Archive has archived a few sites that carry user-made tanks for Omega, as well as other utilities. However, I haven't actually downloaded them yet to check their integrity, but I will soon.

Omega is a game where you design futuristic tanks and also program them with a language similar to BASIC, which gives them (to a point) artificial intelligence. You then pit these tanks up against simulations, and if your design is successful, your security clearance (progress) is upgraded until you reach the namesake Omega, which gives unlimited resources. A unique thing about Omega is that you can export your tank designs and share them with other people (it used to be done through Origin's BBS service, but was also done on the Internet as well).

If approved, simply contact me via PM and I'll be happy to work out a way to get the necessary material over to you guys.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Miles is offline                         Send a private message to Miles
Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Approved, definitely!
As for how... I can give you login data for our FTP server.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
Miles
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via MSN to Miles Send a message via Yahoo to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

All right. As soon as I get Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 (recently upgraded my Pentium 3 laptop from 98SE to XP) downloaded, I'll pipe the info into my FTP client and let 'er rip.
Miles is offline                         Send a private message to Miles
Old 05-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

This is on site.