Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-10-2004, 03:46 PM   #11
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

About gladiator show, you need 50 bucks in order to buy an amphyteatre, and then at least 20 to pay minimum class gladiators.
Note that sparing a fighter is many times better than killing him.

As for chariots.....you must have a very sensitive hand with the mouse, and try not to get in other chariots' way....maybe later I'll have more useful advice.

Btw, it seems the more country you've conquered. the easier you'll success in getting diplomatic alliances

A good way to make an alliance is to be diplomatic, than sound aggressive and finally offer alliance, asking for low, or in some cases normal tribute. This works most of the time.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 31-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #12
Uriel

chariots - just stay on the right side of the road and speed max (exept turns). you will always win.

Old 04-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #13
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Uriel@Oct 31 2004, 02:26 PM
chariots - just stay on the right side of the road and speed max (exept turns). you will always win.
That's true. Chariot will broke if you start turning with too much speed. If you don't won't to slow down and I'm sure you you don't, right your chariot on the right side of the path. You should win easily.
If I remember good, there is a line that shows your speed and line that shows, well, I'm not sure how to say it, where is your position on the path. So if you start turning with greater speed chariot will crash.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 05-11-2004, 10:03 PM   #14
Vim Fuego

Great game, but does anyone have a full list of all the controls and things? It's a bit confusing, particularly the arcad segments like the gladiator fight and naval battles.
Vim Fuego is offline                         Send a private message to Vim Fuego
Old 06-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #15
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Is there any way to turn off music in the gane, since I really don't like Speaker???
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 06-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #16
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Nov 6 2004, 12:32 PM
Is there any way to turn off music in the gane, since I really don't like Speaker???
ctrl+s should do it.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:30 AM   #17
Mydgard

Only some tips as i playeds this GREAT game for years

Chariot race: Take a light one drive to the right and push the left mouse button to increase speed ... when you reach maximum speed stop using the left mouse you will need the strenght of the horses for maximum speed later one perhaps! Never move over the white line showing in the speed battle ... if you do chariot will broken in curves ...
You could also buy a bigger chariot and try to ram other chariots k:

About Alliances: Will only work if the other countrys see your strength! So you have to come with consular army maxed with all soldiers (6000 soldiers, 600 horses) There are only some countrys who will made alliances:
Hispania, Great Britain, Dalmatia, Alpes, Mauretania, Egypt, Arabia, Armenia, Pontus, Greece, syria and the hugh land in the middle north (forgot the name)

Hint for gladiators show: You have to bring the happyness to max ... thats quiet easy and cheap: take the worst gladiator and as enemy the worst fattest tiger, than go near to tiger but not as near as you could ... than block (down button) tiger will try to hit you, but miss because you are too long away, but tiger also won't move on because you are near enough (must be a bug or so? ) anyway, after about 2 mins, happyness is max, than you can hit tiger 5-10 times until he is dead k:

Worst Enemys: Parthia (2400 horsewarriors) and Scythia (1800 horse warriors), egypt (120 war elefants) carthago (80 war elefants and 600 horses)

Thats all ... have fun!

Mydgard

Old 09-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #18
Shambler

This is gonna sound really retarded, but oh well. How exactly does one attack in the gladiator game? I keep getting my head handed to me because all I can do is block.
Shambler is offline                         Send a private message to Shambler
Old 09-12-2004, 12:45 PM   #19
Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Nov 6 2004, 12:32 PM
Ctrl+S

Old 28-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #20
Hari Seldon

:blink:

Anyone noticed the similarity between Centurion and Rome:Total War :whistle: