Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 06-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #2
Homsar

This game was originally known as Mars Saga for the C-64.
One of my favorite things about it was if you didn't feel like following the plot you could just run around the city and beat people up.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Elwing

I don't recall playing this game (I probably never stumble across it in the past).
How about the plotin the game , is it a decent one?

Anyway it's great to see old games that you pratically don't know about or never had the chance to play.
Elwing is offline                         Send a private message to Elwing
Old 06-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
pachoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwing @ Sep 6 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]253132[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I don't recall playing this game (I probably never stumble across it in the past).
How about the plotin the game , is it a decent one?

Anyway it's great to see old games that you pratically don't know about or never had the chance to play.
[/b]
I played this game about 10 years ago and found the story to be quite good. I don't remember the storyline exactly but I do remember itching to keep playing since my characters were getting stronger and was getting deeper into the story. Something about an alien conspiracy...
pachoo is offline                         Send a private message to pachoo
Old 06-09-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
Nutmilk

I also remember playing this game, although it was more like 15 years ago.

The plot was the best part of it- the story was so rich, imaginative, and complex I can still think of it today. The gameplay was astoundingly poor, clumsy, and as the reviewer stated, REALLY BORING.

The storyline kept me playing for a month or two, but then i gave up was the gameplay frustrated me.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
ringworldwu

first post!! (been lurking for a while )

i've actually been waiting to see this game at abandonia since i started coming here a couple years ago. I can recall playing this game nearly 12 years ago. it came in a "sci-fi" game collection with some kinda "death race" game, a wierd fighting game, another "eye of beholder-type" cyberpunk rpg and something else i cant remember. this was my favorite of them all. in fact i played this game before getting x-com! but not by much.

ive gotta dl this one for posterity
ringworldwu is offline                         Send a private message to ringworldwu
Old 07-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
Jenkins

I like that game, can't explain why!!

However, there's something missing: The list of the weapons. At the training center, when you ask to train in a specific weapon skill, you are asked what lenght/weight it is and I can't figure what to type in. Maybe you could do the same way you did with Master of Orion, and upload a picture with all technical infos about the firearms

And, to say it again, I love this game and you did the review very well.
Jenkins is offline                         Send a private message to Jenkins
Old 08-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #8
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ringworldwu @ Sep 6 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]253237[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
it came in a "sci-fi" game collection with some kinda "death race" game[/b]
That's Deathtrack. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ringworldwu @ Sep 6 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]253237[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
a wierd fighting game[/b]
That's Tongue of the Fatman. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ringworldwu @ Sep 6 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]253237[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
another "eye of beholder-type" cyberpunk rpg[/b]
That's Circuit's Edge, based on the George Alec Effinger novel "When Gravity Fails" (which is a cooler name I don't know why they changed it) <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ringworldwu @ Sep 6 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]253237[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
and something else i cant remember.[/b]
That was Prophecy: The Fall of Trinadon, a fantasy RPG. What it was doing in a collection called "Sci-Fi Power Hits" I dunno. It was a cool collection, though.

Oh, and props on your Niven-inspired name. Louis Wu is awesome!
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 11-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #9
Averre Davnros

Infocom also had a hand in making this game, there i've posted a useless fact k:

Edit: They were the publisher.
Averre Davnros is offline                         Send a private message to Averre Davnros
Old 12-09-2006, 02:58 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

AFAIK, Infocom was both developer and publisher here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman