Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #21
RPGFun

Quote:
I have retrieved the Book of the World from the Library in Kal Kalon and then shown it to the man at the Abbey. The man directs me to find a Scroll "somewhere near The Steps" but I'm unable to find such a location.
Does somebody knows where can I find "The Steps"?
I am having the very same problem, but in my case, it is about "wyrm hills". Where to find that? In the solutions in plain text format that I found when I googled for "wyrm hills", it appears "at North" but I searched for hours without finding anything. Is there a way to get information? Does anyone know?

Old 13-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #22
Arslan

Quote:
Originally posted by RPGFun@Mar 11 2006, 06:28 PM
Quote:
I have retrieved the Book of the World from the Library in Kal Kalon and then shown it to the man at the Abbey. The man directs me to find a Scroll "somewhere near The Steps" but I'm unable to find such a location.
Does somebody knows where can I find "The Steps"?
I am having the very same problem, but in my case, it is about "wyrm hills". Where to find that? In the solutions in plain text format that I found when I googled for "wyrm hills", it appears "at North" but I searched for hours without finding anything. Is there a way to get information? Does anyone know?
To find the location of the dungeons it's essential the map of the world of Kalynthia wich was provided with the original game... So if nobody own the original copy ot this game it's quite impossible to solve this...
Arslan is offline                         Send a private message to Arslan
Old 14-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #23

Quote:
To find the location of the dungeons it's essential the map of the world of Kalynthia wich was provided with the original game... So if nobody own the original copy ot this game it's quite impossible to solve this...
Since I found it at Underdogs, released as abandonware, I see it as very necressary to help each others. If anybvody happens to know where this place is in the game, please let me know. The "manual" included with it does NOT tell such important tinformation. :help:

Old 17-04-2006, 05:29 AM   #24

Can't get it to work, it just stops doing anything after I chose the warriors, and yes I did do that thing with moving the correct files to the correct director, and I have the latest version of DosBox.

Old 29-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #25
Chris2270

Try adding a folder called SAVE to the directory also.

Old 18-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #26
dragonLancer
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to dragonLancer

Who here has played this game... Im thinking about downloading it but I want to know if its any good or not... Ive heard mixed reviews LOL

If anyone wants me I'll be in the Angry Dome!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
dragonLancer is offline                         Send a private message to dragonLancer
Old 30-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #27
Shane Tolmie

The solution below works 100% for me, under DOSBox 0.6.5 and Windows XP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sotho Tal Ker @ Jan 30 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]201806[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
OK, i finally got it to work

The problem with this archive is, that it did not pack the subdirs right.
You need to create a new folder "DATA" and move all files in there except:
API.EXE, APO.EXE, SETUP.EXE, START.EXE, MODUL.DRV, SETUP.TXT

If you want to be save create a "SAVE" folder.

The game should then start.
[/b]

Old 23-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #28
Sith-Avenger

I too am having problems geting this game to run. I am using DOSbox v0.65 on win xp pro and when I try to run the start.exe dosbox displays C:\aplaces\aplaces> which is where the exe files are on my pc... any ideas?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sith-Avenger @ Jul 23 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]244651[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I too am having problems geting this game to run. I am using DOSbox v0.65 on win xp pro and when I try to run the start.exe dosbox displays C:\aplaces\aplaces> which is where the exe files are on my pc... any ideas?
[/b]
Please ignore my previous post. I got it working using the method in the above post.

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to Your signature to help him on his way to world domination.</div>
Sith-Avenger is offline                         Send a private message to Sith-Avenger
Old 05-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #29
Patuti
Lurker

I couldn't get it started too, only got some blinking screens

using DosBox and DFend under Windows XP
Patuti is offline                         Send a private message to Patuti
Old 13-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try running it without D-Fend.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman