Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #71
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CataBina @ Aug 29 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]251618[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It wasn't the observatory I missed, it was the bell in the church tower (duh!) :blink:

After I had found that out, the rest was not too difficult although near the end I got kicked quite often at the scene with the photographer. Anyway, despite all this, I was able to finish the game and sure had a lot of fun.
[/b]

The bell in the church - so that's what you missed.

Some of the puzzles are quite strange, so it's hard to know what you have missed. I'm glad you managed to finish it though, it's a nice game.

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 03-08-2007, 03:40 AM   #72
tormentor

Had a few laughs playing this game. The maze bit is a real pain but apart from that it's a real fun game.

Game froze up every 10 mins or so for me. Just had to save alot
tormentor is offline                         Send a private message to tormentor
Old 03-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #73
rbaleksandar

Really good game. I'm still playing it but I think I might be able to give a few pluses and minuses The pluses are - great gameplay, sounds and graphics (in old LucasArts-style). The story is really interesting and there are also more than one or two things to laugh about Although it sounds great it is not...And here come the minuses (here I will write more ):
1.The church maze - really great BUT too difficult. Since this is a game in LucasArts-style, the author has missed one little thing - in LucasArts games there is always a guide line to follow. For example the maze in LeChuck's Fortress in MI 2...At first glance it seems impossible to make it. But than the only thing to do is to follow the song of mum's and dad's sceletons It is funny, it is not so difficult to figure it out. The authore should have given some perharps symbols on the wall to follow...Some complicated riddle to solve to find the way through the labyrinth...The maze is simply blind walking from one chamber to another one till your head gets dizzy :-/
2.Some of the puzzles doesn't make sence and are contiguity with some of the dialogs and events in the game. Here is an example (because it is a spoiler, I've blended the thing. Mark the lines below to read it):

Spoiler:
When you go to the faculty of the university, you have to steal the folder of one babe that's standing next to the examination room. Okay, that's cool. She can live without it But the thing that surprised me was the following: after you exit the building you see Philip chatting with his friend just outside the door. When you try to talk to him, he answers with some rude words. If you try to reply with one of the insults that follow as multiple choice, Igor just says something like "Excuse me...blablabla". Then he walks away and tells you (the gamer) that he won't fall on Philip's level. Here comes the part that really bothers me - you go and steal his folder, break into the man's private property (Philip's locker) and exchange his whiskey bottle with a dangerous chemical from the lab...What's the point of all this?

But as I said at the beginning of my comment - this is a really good game and so I give it a 4.
rbaleksandar is offline                         Send a private message to rbaleksandar
Old 03-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #74
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

I completely agree with you about the maze. That's why I mapped it out, and added it as an extra (as well as walkthrough).

I also thought some of the puzzles were quite strange. But all in all, a very enjoyable game.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #75
ayoeness
Sleep doll, mommy's mining

God that maze is horrible.. Thank whoever for the ESC button... and the map nontheless..
ayoeness is offline                         Send a private message to ayoeness
Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #76
CataBina

If anybody is still interested, I am in process of uploading a Let's Play of this game on YouTube and would post the link once it's finished. Give me a shout.

CataBina
CataBina is offline                         Send a private message to CataBina
Old 15-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #77
OldGreybeard
Smile Church Maze Vellum

I know this thread is a little old - but the solution to the church maze is on the very top of the piece of vellum the old friar gives you.