Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #9
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

Other relevant remarks!

I forgot to mention that since 2008 until now, I lost weight 4 times, 3 times being weight loss via regular running while the other time (penultimate time) was through consuming very little carbohydrate.

This would be an alternative for those who are not willing to practice regular physical exercises. If you consume little carbohydrate, you will feel very hungry from the beginning of the night until you sleep. If you can withstand this affliction, little by little, you will begin to lose weight.

I remember that I consumed only 50 g of whole-grain biscuit per day (preferably whole-grain carbohydrate so there are no blood glucose spikes, very frequent case for refined carbohydrate!). This would be especially recommended for those with very high glucose levels.

However, I do not recommend this method of losing weight simply by going hungry (it requires a lot of perseverance and patience) besides not enjoying the benefits of regular physical exercises (less fatigue, more mental concentration, more relaxation, muscle mass strengthening, etc.)!

I would also avoid these energy drinks (Gatorade, Red Bull, etc.), highly caloric, during physical activity if your goal is to lose weight. Those drinks, which professional athletes consume, are to replenish lost energies and maintain weight, I believe.
I forgot to mention that I did not practice this torture of modern times every day of the week.

I endured it months after months because during the weekends it was the time of plenty of food inside the stomach. Alleluia!

I consumed without restraint and without remorse on Saturdays and Sundays and later became a Buddhist Monk , Indian Fakir or the like on other days of the week. Alleluia!

After all, no one is Iron Man / Woman and even an Iron Will could give up some day if there is not at least a little truce. We can pat our belly a little, right?