Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2005, 04:37 AM   #351
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Jman4117@Mar 11 2005, 05:22 AM
It ups nearly all of the stats that are normally raised in battle. Firing, throwing, strength, TUs, stamina and health. Not to mention being able to attack from complete cover and through walls (to a certain extent). HE and Stun weapons can also be used the same way, just no arcing.

Quote:
Even with strength 75, a soldier can chuck High Explosives about 5 squares max.
Not really...I've thrown over 20 tiles. Just get in a place with a clear ceiling and you should be able to get max range.

And while on the subject of HE. It does 4x damage to the large units. Not sure if it registers as 4 hits in your mission experience that is added up though...
Wow, if that's true, I'm going to start throwing lots of grenades to increase my firing accuracy. How odd. "Jim, you should pitch for the major leagues with the arm you have." "Nah, boss, throwing these grenades like fastballs helps my aim with rifles just as much as it improves my throwing accuracy."

As for explosions, you know, I always wondered if it was a 4x thing. I thought not, because once I tossed three alien grenades at a cyberdisk and ran for it, and the disk didn't die. But then, they have armor, so maybe that's it.

Actually, I was outdoors. Then again, the soldier in question was carrying a huge load of junk (for strength training), so maybe that had something to do with her throwing only 5 tiles. I also hear that crouching improves distance.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 11-03-2005, 04:43 AM   #352
Jman4117
Game freak

Quote:
As for explosions, you know, I always wondered if it was a 4x thing. I thought not, because once I tossed three alien grenades at a cyberdisk and ran for it, and the disk didn't die. But then, they have armor, so maybe that's it.
It that case the first nade to blow takes out the rest of them. Meaning only one nade works vs the target. It was fixed in TFTD (more than 0 armour for objects on the ground). An alien grenade or HE pak should be able to do it though.
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 12-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #353
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Does this 'human only' stuff also include Hyperwave Decoders, because if so it is gonna be a bit tricky to win the game.

:bye: Wooo I am back from Belgium. You all missed me, right?

PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 12-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #354
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Mar 12 2005, 09:43 PM
Does this 'human only' stuff also include Hyperwave Decoders, because if so it is gonna be a bit tricky to win the game.

:bye: Wooo I am back from Belgium. You all missed me, right?
Of course... :whistle:
I think that you could use all "alien" buildings ,crafts and craft weapons...
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 12-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #355
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Well if you want hard try goin through the game without saving.

Only save when ya finished playing for the time being. So even if you lose your skyranger with all your best troops you still cant reload your previous save.

Then try completing the game.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 12-03-2005, 10:58 PM   #356
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

That's a nasty one... Remember that annoying error several people get, with the game crashing just before a mission?

By the way (and more than a little off-topic), PrejudiceSucks, why did you visit Belgium?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:20 PM   #357
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Mar 12 2005, 11:58 PM
That's a nasty one... Remember that annoying error several people get, with the game crashing just before a mission?

By the way (and more than a little off-topic), PrejudiceSucks, why did you visit Belgium?
Are you implying Belgium's not worth visiting?

There was a mode in Alpha Centauri which forced the smae rule you're suggesting on you, called IronMan, so you could only save on exit. It was useful - I always have difficulty forcing myself to do the same thing on Civ 3
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 12-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #358
Yobor
Hero Gamer

The worst thing ever that happened in the this game to me was that I was only just starting and right away a full shipload of guys assaults my base. Needless to say, I lost.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 13-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #359
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Mar 13 2005, 12:20 AM
Are you implying Belgium's not worth visiting?
Certainly not! I happen to be from Belgium.

Probably the worst thing that happened to me in UFO, was that somehow I ended up with too little Elerium to fly my Avenger... and I didn't have any Skyrangers left. I have to add that was one of the first times I played UFO :whistle:
Old 13-03-2005, 07:50 AM   #360
goblins
Game Wizzard

I only save Civ 3 on exit as well - getting that space race is very difficult even on easy level
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins