Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Tom Henrik is offline                         Send a private message to Tom Henrik
Old 20-01-2005, 01:50 AM   #2
LuckyLlama

You know, this game really is an early version of Fallout! It's very simplistic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. But I agree with the review, the small window of the game is pretty annoying. And I can't figure out where to go... it's very easy to get disoriented. But a good game nonetheless. k:
LuckyLlama is offline                         Send a private message to LuckyLlama
Old 20-01-2005, 01:55 AM   #3
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Not every post apocalyptic game is "an early version of Fallout". That's like saying that Police Quest inspired the Hill Street Blues strategy game because they both involve police.

Wasteland is Fallout's inspiration, and spiritual prequel, really.

MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 20-01-2005, 09:27 PM   #4
LuckyLlama

What I was getting at is that Bad Blood and Fallout have many simularities.
LuckyLlama is offline                         Send a private message to LuckyLlama
Old 02-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

Isn't this game part of the Origin's "Worlds of Adventure" series? Martian Dreams was the 2nd game in the series, and if I remember correctly Bad Blood was the 1st game.

I own the original floppy versions of these games, but It's been a long time since I've played them. No idea if my floppies still work. Anyway, I have fond memories of playing them however and expected (in vain) that Origin would make more RPG's in different locales other than fantasy like the Ultima series.

gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth
Old 01-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #6
Khole

I love fallout and games that looks like it but I haven`t tryed this yet (because of my pc is ruined) but I will try this.
Khole is offline                         Send a private message to Khole
Old 16-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #7
MadMarius
Forum hobbit

this game is nice and very confusing when trying to get somewere without a map...that part stinks... :ranting: but i love tha part with da big bugs that die easily and give me food :evil: ..the game is quite good but i never played Fallout so i don't know if this was the work that inspired the making of Fallout.
Cheerz!
MadMarius is offline                         Send a private message to MadMarius
Old 12-07-2005, 07:12 AM   #8
No no no!

Practical IMPOSSIBILITY that Bad Blood & Fallout are even REMOTELY related! Stylistically, Artistically, and Conceptually different all the way around!

To Quote LuckyLlama
'What I was getting at is that Bad Blood and Fallout have many simularities.'
The only similarity is that they both take place sometime after a nuclear war! Beyond that they are entirely different. Bad Blood even let you play a mutant! Something you couldn't do in AT LEAST 3 of 4 of the Fallout games! Bugspray would have been very useful in the Fallout games but never appeared! And shotguns were *meep*in' useless in Fallout, where in Bad Blood the sodoff was undeniably like the games second best weapon! If I remember correctly the only better weapon was a freakin rocket launcher!

Old 02-09-2005, 05:18 AM   #9
Todbog
Forum hobbit

This game is not apart of the World of Ultima series. The other part of that series is actually The Savage Empire. An interesting experiment, but Bad Blood is something else entirely.

This game was intriguing as it goes because it did not have a map to navigate with. I couldn't get very far in the game but I remember my time with the game taught me a bit if its geography and you learn bits about the world through the trial and error. At the time, I thought it made a strange kind of sense as a post apocalyptic world would not exactly be well mapped, but now I can see it was probably laziness on the developer's part. :bleh:

The one part I did really enjoy was the ability to play a mutant. I really think there is some real possibilities with that angle, even if your power seems to grow a tree from your noggin.
Todbog is offline                         Send a private message to Todbog
Old 01-10-2005, 10:39 PM   #10
Swarog

I played this a few yeard back for the first time (I had been looking for Mines of Titan) and liked it. It was too easy, tho, and I was surprised that the end came as soon as it did.