Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-08-2004, 08:09 PM   #11
FreeFreddy

I agree there, see 1 post from me further above. :wink:

Old 07-08-2004, 12:27 PM   #12
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

The first game I ever played I finished without a walkthrough as I wasn't on the internet back then, so I didn't have a choice. It was such a buzz whenever a hard puzzle was figured out. The puzzles seemed so logical and obvious when you knew the answer. I think the best games are like that; they have a definite logic and sense of reality that always remains true to their own world. These days I always resort to a walkthrough as I get impatient to move on. But like someone else said, when you don't take the time to figure out the game, the same sense of achievement isn't there when you finish.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 07-08-2004, 07:28 PM   #13
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

I agree with you wendy. I love that moment of realization when you finally figure out a puzzle and you're just like, wow I'm so stupid, why didn't I think about that twenty minutes ago!! :wink:
-Sean
xndr2181 is offline                         Send a private message to xndr2181
Old 07-08-2004, 11:16 PM   #14
Malchior

Or what about when you have done something in a game which you thought was right only to find out MUCH later that it was TOTALLY wrong and now, of course, you have no save games from that long ago and so you have to restart the whole bloody game?

AARRGGHH! :twisted:
Malchior is offline                         Send a private message to Malchior
Old 07-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #15
Malchior

But that was King's Quest 6. King's Quest 5 on the other hand was bloody great.
Malchior is offline                         Send a private message to Malchior
Old 08-08-2004, 05:02 AM   #16
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Or what about when you have done something in a game which you thought was right only to find out MUCH later that it was TOTALLY wrong and now, of course, you have no save games from that long ago and so you have to restart the whole bloody game?

AARRGGHH! *:twisted:
Hehehe, I totally agree!! I hate it when they lock you in like that. Or worse is some of the old games where you need to do like the simplest thing to further the plot, but it all depended on you doing something way back in the beginning?

-Sean
Old 31-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #17
Mendy

After I downloaded KQ5 I ran the install program and then ran the actual program but nothing happened, the screen went black and the mouse was there thats it. Anyone can help I'll be greatful I love this game I havent played it in years.

Old 31-08-2004, 09:34 PM   #18
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

By the looks of your problems, I would say you are trying to launch the game in Windows. Try DOSbox.

IF you however did use DOSbox, then I don't know.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:19 PM   #19
Hollister Man

There's a problem someone else mentioned as well. The game freezes just before the end. Graham is talking to Cassima before restoring his family to their correct size, and it just freezes. ARGH!!

And another thing, is there any way to win once the cat has caught the rat? I ended up loading the game and doing it again, but I wondered if that causes a 'walking dead' if you let the cat catch him.

I don't know why it took me so long the first time I got this game, the only thing I got stuck at was the honey/emeralds and the Ice Queen/harp puzzles

Old 05-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #20
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Hollister Man@Sep 5 2004, 04:19 PM
There's a problem someone else mentioned as well. The game freezes just before the end. Graham is talking to Cassima before restoring his family to their correct size, and it just freezes. ARGH!!

And another thing, is there any way to win once the cat has caught the rat? I ended up loading the game and doing it again, but I wondered if that causes a 'walking dead' if you let the cat catch him.

I don't know why it took me so long the first time I got this game, the only thing I got stuck at was the honey/emeralds and the Ice Queen/harp puzzles
Are u running the game under dosbox? Try that and it might help. Also if you are running under Dosbox try increasing the frame rate, that also my help.
-Sean