Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2007, 06:19 AM   #271
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Are there any workers left in your HQ? There is a number there telling you how many are ready for work.

About stability on XP: Have you tried to run the game with DOSBox? I did and it worked like a charm.
Old 28-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #272
Ruststrong

*First Post* Same person here. Yeah, there are two storehouses fairly close to the site where there are no helpers. And both of them have 100 helpers. But no one is coming out. I'll post a screen shot if necessary.

And, I'll try DosBox, it should clear things up. Thanks for the quick reply.

Edit: In case you're wondering, I registered a while back but I posted here as a guest to type a quick post, but I didn't think anyone would be replying soon. So I logged in.
Ruststrong is offline                         Send a private message to Ruststrong
Old 28-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #273
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Ok, have you set the priorities straight? Try to raise the priority for the storehouses.
Old 28-08-2007, 06:39 AM   #274
Ruststrong

I got all the priorities on default, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll post a screen shot to give a better view of what's happening...
Ruststrong is offline                         Send a private message to Ruststrong
Old 28-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #275
Ruststrong

Sorry for the double post. It wouldn't let me Print Screen. I'll try to put the priority higher. It might not be that though, because I've always had no problems with the default settings. Maybe there's a limit on how much helpers you can have out at once? But i dug up all my obsolete-mining roads, and they just returned to the storehouse without coming to the area in need of helpers, so that can't be it. I have three harbours on one continent, and I heard it isn't good if you have more than one harbour per continent. Could this be the problem?
Old 28-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #276
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I never played it that far, but it sounds plausible, if you have heard this could cause problems.

PS: You can use the Edit button on your own posts if you have additional info after posting.
Old 28-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #277
Ruststrong

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Aug 28 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]307252[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I never played it that far, but it sounds plausible, if you have heard this could cause problems.[/b]
Ok, I'll try burning two of the harbours on my continent so there's only one left.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Aug 28 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]307252[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
PS: You can use the Edit button on your own posts if you have additional info after posting.
[/b]
I didn't notice them buttons. LOL But I'll edit in future.
Old 28-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #278
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I've never experienced either problems. I always play Settlers 2 on XP, with the use of VDMSound.

There is no logical explanation on the worker shortage problem. I'd suggest that you start over and try again if it's still a problem. I do remember that you don't need the boat to win this mission, you only need to get to the other islands to get iron and especially gold to get strong enough. Once that's done, continue to your right and you'll eventually reach the gate.
Old 28-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #279
Ruststrong

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Aug 28 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]307256[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've never experienced either problems. I always play Settlers 2 on XP, with the use of VDMSound.[/b]
Strange. I play settlers 2 on a Compaq laptop, so it might only be a problem for that specific brand.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Aug 28 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]307256[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There is no logical explanation on the worker shortage problem. I'd suggest that you start over and try again if it's still a problem. I do remember that you don't need the boat to win this mission, you only need to get to the other islands to get iron and especially gold to get strong enough. Once that's done, continue to your right and you'll eventually reach the gate.
[/b]
Ok. I'll restart the level. I settled about three Islands, one of which contained Iron and was large. The other two were rather small Islands. I built too many expedition ships than I needed (about 15).
Old 28-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #280
arand
Forum hobbit

Probably not so, but it doesn't happen to be roads on an island (connected by waterways) that are uninhabited.

What you could do, if unable to get a screenshot, is to send the savegame in question.

- Arand
arand is offline                         Send a private message to arand