Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
karekristensson
Abandonia nerd

Default Bigger disk space in DosBOX?

I have been trying for quite sometime to install Daggerfall with the Huge installation option.
But every time I try, I keep getting a message that there is not enough space for it to be installed.
Is there a simple way to increase the disk space in DosBOX, if so, can anyone explain it in a step by step guide if possible?
karekristensson is offline                         Send a private message to karekristensson
Old 03-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
dosraider
Dismembered.

mount c [x:\........\] -freesize xxxx

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/MOUNT#Mou...ce_for_a_drive

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's not that there is not enough, it's that there is too much. When mounting your DOSBox C, use the -freesize option followed by a number in megabytes to set the amount of space DOSBox should report to the games, eg -freesize 700

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
karekristensson
Abandonia nerd

Oh grud, I forgot to mention that I'm using D-Fend-Reloaded for installing and playing the games, as I'm still not used to the Dos interface. XP
karekristensson is offline                         Send a private message to karekristensson
Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I think you just need to select Edit Configuration in start menu and put the following line in the dosbox-x.xx.conf file, at the very bottom below the [autoexec] line:

mount x x:\ -freesize xx

Where x is the harddrive you're mounting and the letter you want to assign in DosBox for it (example - mount c c:\), and xx is the amount in MB you want to assign to be available for games (example - mount c c:\ -freesize 800). Should probably work with frontends, too.
That option will work each time you start DosBox, so you won't need to change it every time.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 03-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
karekristensson
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
I think you just need to select Edit Configuration in start menu and put the following line in the dosbox-x.xx.conf file, at the very bottom below the [autoexec] line:

mount x x:\ -freesize xx

Where x is the harddrive you're mounting and the letter you want to assign in DosBox for it (example - mount c c:\), and xx is the amount in MB you want to assign to be available for games (example - mount c c:\ -freesize 800). Should probably work with frontends, too.
That option will work each time you start DosBox, so you won't need to change it every time.
Hmm, that's odd.
I've typed in just as you suggested, and yet the installation program for Daggerfall claims there's not enough space for the huge option.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Make sure that D-Fend isn't mounting that drive earlier on. Repeated mount commands have no effect.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
karekristensson
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Make sure that D-Fend isn't mounting that drive earlier on. Repeated mount commands have no effect.
Well I've checked all over and it seems like it isn't mounting the C drive earlier on, so I don't know what is wrong here.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Scatty
Treasure hunter

How much space did you allocate? 800 should actually be enough for Daggerfall, but try allocating 1200 MB.
Also be sure to use the -freesize xx option before you mount any drives, automatically or manually, because if you use it after mounting, it won't have any effect on the already mounted drive.

Though I've got myself no experience with frontends, I had heard here and there that some games have problems if a frontend for DosBox is used. Might be worth trying DosBox without frontend, even if you're not used to the Dos commands. It's not that hard to get into it, here're enough threads with would be helpful there.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

1. Did you mounted target disk as described? I.e. mount c c:\ -freesize 800

2. Do you installing your game on this mounted disk? It is not Daggerfall installation CD/directory from what you installing it.

3. Go to C: (typing C: in command prompt must be enough) and made space check with dir command. It must say how much free space do you have.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre