Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 AM   #1
Iowa
Game Wizzard

I know, there was a topic similar to this somewhere back there (in the Page of Forgotten Threads), but I'm starting this one for two main reasons:

1) To bring attention to the game FEAR Combat and it's Coop Warfare mod

2) To find games I could run out and buy for my friend's party this weekend

Now, on with the first point.

FEAR Combat is essentially just multiplayer ripped straight from the mouth of Sierra's brainchild and plays very well for something 100% free. That's right, it's completely free to download it and after you register for your CD-Key, you can begin to lose horribly against either your friends (LAN) or random fried-chicken scarfing strangers (Net Play). Either way, it's insanely fun and outrageously addictive...and if by now your PC can't run FEAR at highest settings then it may be time for you to let your current rig ascend to the heavens.

Back to my point, there's also a little mod for FEAR Combat called "Coop Warfare" that pits you and (at the very least) two other friends against hordes and hordes of the game's enemies. It includes new levels, weapons, and even character models!

It's really hard to state right here just how mind-numbingly difficult CW is (you and your friends will last 1 minute per respawn at the very most) but on the other hand it's also hard to state how much chaotic fun it can generate!

Give it a shot, guys:
FEAR Combat Home
Coop Warfare

-----

Right then, on to point number two...what are your favorite LAN games of all time? I know my friends and I are all going to be fraggin' with Unreal Tournament and Doom, but I want to hear your favorites!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
dosraider
Dismembered.

Don't like FEAR, never liked it.

Unreal (the first) in COOP, all the way, and plenty good maps around.
Or Doom3 COOP, LAN COOP heaven. Certainly with the classic doom mod.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #3
Morrin
Underground

Games that I(we) usually play in LAN:

- Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
- Ghost Recon
- Age of Empires 2
- Warcraft 3
- System Shock 2
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Sometimes we (me and about 8 other players) start big Lan parties from 14.00 PM to 4 AM at my house...LOL...you can trust on my words, especially if you don't want to be bored after few hours.

Battlefield 2 in Co operation mode, is really funny and addictive, I like it very much because players can be different, we always have a Medic, a Mechanical, a Support soldier with Ammo, a sniper...and around the net you can find great maps. (Rate 8/10)

Same thing for Battlefield 2142, addictive like the predecessor, but you play with Hi Tech weapons and vehicles, and there's Titan mode! (Rate 9/10)

If you don't have great machines you could play the good old Unreal Tournament (8/10) (or one of the series) or Quake III arena (Rate 7/10)...and don't forget Medal Of Honor (Rate 7/10) (really nice for fast deathmatches).

And finally this is different from the other but maybe the funniest ever...FlatOut 1 & 2 (Rate 8/10)!
There's the descruction derby mode and you can select several cars (even a school Bus LOL), and soundtracks are lovely...

As you can see I didn't insert any RTS games, I like them don't worry, but they steal too much time and it's easy that somebody could not like them.

Have fun
Old 08-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Battlefield 2[/b]
Oh, but I wish I could!...Unfortunately, I'm not quite willing to go dish out 200 dollars for four other copies of B2...
Old 08-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Dave

Ehy ehy this is not my fault...you asked...
If you don't want to spend money you could download for FREE FarCry, or Re-Volt (from Abandonia!)
The first one allow you to play with extremely big and detailed maps (and vehicles!), but IMO the gameplay is a little slow for a Lan party...about the second take a look here and read the review
Old 13-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #7
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

$200 for 4 coppies of BF2... where the hell are you getting these coppies at such an outrageous price? They cost 17.99 at EB Games in my city. With 200 dollars you should be able to buy about 10 coppies!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 13-11-2007, 02:12 AM   #8
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Well, I don't know about you, but where I live a copy of Battlefield 2 costs 50 dollars. And a copy of Bioshock costs 65 dollars...curses...
Old 13-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #9
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

yah in Europe and lot's of other places these kind of games cost arround 50 $ if not EUR.

anyway... i liked to play settlers 3 in coop especially once i prepared the maps so that computer is more agressive. another thing that happened there was the massive armies that did the battles. it was cool.

yah well too bad farcry doesn't have the co-op. i mean there are soem mods on new maps but they haven't made one with original maps.

there is also delta force black hawk down (also with a 3rd party mod you can change it into coop).

serious sam is nice for some mindless fraging and battling against the hordes of enemies.

oh and of course Diablo 2. duh!
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 13-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
Dave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Nov 13 2007, 07:54 AM) [snapback]319074[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
oh and of course Diablo 2. duh!
[/b]
OH! gregor is right, I forget this great title!
Really funny and addictive, especially if you play it in co-op.
And fights with your friends are funny too